madison ripped off in San Antonio?

hmmm....

This is kinda frustrating, just from an alum who makes has no affect on the corps decisions. I feel like in 2004 we tried to through malaga in everyone's face and it flopped big time (i marched the show). So then we go a different route and it flops big. I guess I am still hoping they can go through this massive growth process and come out playing exciting music that is innovative etc.

I feel like the scouts easily have the personal available to put out a show that could place sixth, and the staff could've been able to do this. Perhaps they wanted to pull some teeth to raise the bar. I'll take them making finals (10-12) this year if that means beating some top groups and regaining crowd favorite for the future when this group continues to mature. Hopefully they won't have too many ageouts to make a necessity for crazy recruiting (ie 2003).

Hey man, as a fellow alum, I gotta say, I loved 2004 Malaga. I was there at both semis and finals

in Denver and both nights you guys sold it. The crowd loved it too in my opinion. I think

they were a little more subdued for the first part of the show, but we were all standing

during most of the closer...especially from the front to the end!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey man, as a fellow alum, I gotta say, I loved 2004 Malaga. I was there at both semis and finals

in Denver and both nights you guys sold it. The crowd loved it too in my opinion. I think

they were a little more subdued for the first part of the show, but we were all standing

during most of the closer...especially from the front to the end!

thanks B)

I really don't understand the opening, I mean, they don't play for like a whole minute into the show...

oh wait, that was just a percussion INTRO into the show.

Blue Devils if I remember correctly dont play for a long time into their show as well.

Blue Devils if I remember correctly dont play for a long time into their show as well.

I haven't seen BD yet.. but maybe their design is being executed on a different level and comes across more clearly?

Just a thought..

<warning> only saw show via SP</warning>

Scouts cannot expect to be taken seriously until they clean the 1st 45secs of drill. If you're gonna make that first impression (look at the really hard drill we can almost sort of do) your score will never recover.

----

mike

I downloaded the music a couple of days ago and from what I HEAR it's amazing. There are just enough of the traditional Madison cues to make them identifiable, but it is a different sound overall and one that I like a lot. Sort of Glassmen; the "boring" years.

That is also an incredible percussion program. Lots of throwdown, but all very musical.

I'm glad that they've gone up a notch visually. Apparently, the execution isn't up to Myron's design.............YET. Looking forward to seeing them live.

<warning> only saw show via SP</warning>

Scouts cannot expect to be taken seriously until they clean the 1st 45secs of drill. If you're gonna make that first impression (look at the really hard drill we can almost sort of do) your score will never recover.

----

mike

"Look at the really hard drill we can almost do........"

Ain't that that the truth....

I really love their drill this year, if only they could pull it off!

(Go Scouts)

Corps avergaes always drop for the afternoon corps. I know in 2002 when Colts made the evening show in Indy, we dropped a point or so.

Well, there's hope after all. Madison went back to 85 last night. That's a four point increase in 4 days. I agree there is a bigger issue of slotting. Once you're pegged, its hard to move. Now I understand Scott Stewart's aversion to worshiping scores. They can be highly subjective and erratic. There are other bigger life lessions to be gleaned from drum corps.