Drum and Reed Corps

i thought about this once. then, i woke up screaming in horror :P

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

lame!!!!!

Over the course of growing up in Willimasburg, I have grown to despise the sound of the Fife and Drum Corps. Not just b/c I don't like the sound much, but because that usually means there's some parade that will be blocking up traffic or I've been forced to actually walk around the historic area... :wub:

Fun fact: To get into the Colonial Williamsburg Fife and Drum Corps, in many cases, you have to signed up before you are even conceived, the waiting list is so long...

Thanks for making me hurl my breakfast. If certain unnamed individuals have their way, this is exactly what the activity will eventually become in time. Why they want to ruin a once great tradition is beyond my comprehension. Yet they call it "progress."

Sound interesting? Any thought on this...?

Well the fife and drum corps have been mentioned.

But Bagpipe bands would also fit this catagory.

Bagpipes are woodwind instruments. A double reed (just slightly larger than an oboe reed) is inside the chanter and produces the sound. :P

i thought about this once. then, i woke up screaming in horror :P

Drawing a mental picture of you waking up screaming is a scarey ###ed thought in itself. :P

Marching band still has brass... i'm talking no brass, just wood all around... i would like to see a clarinet or baritone sax scream... no edge whatsoever

Then you would really have to have amps!

Edited by lnavis

Then you would really have to have aps!

I find your post offensive. APS, or Arnold Palmer Syndrome, is no laughing matter.

I find your post offensive. APS, or Arnold Palmer Syndrome, is no laughing matter.

Oops - fixed it.

I marched sax for 5 years in HS marching band before I learned mellophone for corps and college marching band. As someone who has done both wood and brass, I have absolutely no desire to go back to marching a woodwind even if such an organization was created. It was just so much more trouble for very little overall effect.

Incidentally, there are actually many pieces that already exist for saxophone/clarinet choir and percussion.