Top 3 Things Endangering Drum Corps

Alternative fuels. The higher the price per barrel rises, more and more companies will start making ethanol and biodiesel.

With the right engine, you can buy and run E85 (85% ethanol, 15% gasoline) or B20 (20% biodiesel, 80% diesel).

One of my clients began manufacturing biodiesel in January. Chevron broke ground on a huge plant in Galveston a couple of months ago, and we just picked up a new biodiesel company last week. Bio1's growth plan is to add 8 more plants and Bio2's growth plan is 8 plants.

Where there's a business opportunity, American capitalists will fill the niche.

Where there is a hefty government subsidy, American capitalists will fill the niche.

The farmer neighbors LOVE this deal.

My understanding is the energy used in fertilizer, pesticides, transport of corn, and power for the process to MAKE the ethenol is not profitable yet. Subsidy makes it work. Also, your E85 does not deliver the power of normal fuel, so your MPG drops. Maybe you get 28 MPG on the gas, and 24 mpg on the E85? Of course, here in town the E85 is only $1.99

I worked for Daimler-Chrysler. The turbo-diesel that is rolling out soon here in the States is a pretty good thing.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Regional touring.

2. It's here to stay. We lost. Get ready to see it in DCA soon.

3. Lay off the crack pipe.

The end.

1. Been done..

And?

2. What makes you think that DCA is any better? After all.. The circuit is being designed by DCI. NOW. ####.. the circuit is even recruiting from what you consider as being - lost. Ya think?

3. THAT response is neither appropriate or responsible.. given the poster.

THE END

Sharon

1. Been done..

And?

2. What makes you think that DCA is any better? After all.. The circuit is being designed by DCI. NOW. ####.. the circuit is even recruiting from what you consider as being - lost. Ya think?

3. THAT response is neither appropriate or responsible.. given the poster.

THE END

Sharon

1. Okay.

2. Fair enough...and you're right.

3. Will amend the original post. :)

In Florida, the state legislature recently passed a Bill that mandates that School Districts in the state can start school no earlier than 2 weeks prior to Labor Day. This is going into effect in 2007. This was a result of a grass-roots effort by parents and teachers all over the state who were concerned about summers getting shorter and shorter and school start dates being closer to July than September.

Wish Alabama would do this. The tourism bureau is trying to get them to change. But the government is fighting it. We just added 5 days to the school year so we are on par with other states. I personally like the time off in the summer (unpaid time off for us teachers) so I can go to workshops, classes, etc without having to worry about finding substitutes or going in the evenings.

Also like my summers for Drum Corp. Just curious how some kids manage that have to go back to school in early August and march corp. My son didn't start marching until the summer of his Freshman year in college so I don't know. He did miss the first week of school his senior year because he spent the summer at Tanglewood.

Alabama has year-round schools?

...Alabama has schools?

Okay, that wasn't neccessary. Kind of funny but .... Yes we have schools, there are some that are year round. Our high school (Auburn High) was ranked 77th in the US last year. It was the only school (according to that poll) that was not an IB or AP School.