Cav's EQ. truck hits overpass

The Cav's are in my home town ( Murray , Ky. ) for a couple of days before they go to Cookville. They showed up here this morning and one of their eq. trucks hit an overpass along the way. It looked like it was their spare parts and such truck. I did not see alot of damage to the eq. but the truck did not look good.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

ouch, hope everyone's okay

The Cav's are in my home town ( Murray , Ky. ) for a couple of days before they go to Cookville. They showed up here this morning and one of their eq. trucks hit an overpass along the way. It looked like it was their spare parts and such truck. I did not see alot of damage to the eq. but the truck did not look good.

That's always scary. In either 92 or 94 (can't remember which) we heard this terrible sounding crash in the parking lot, while listening to some judges tapes. The Cavaliers equipment truck had pulled out without the trailer being attached-- smashed the front of it pretty good. (Thankfully, no one was hurt-- it came straight down and didn't tip)

Well, the only two semi trailers with the corps are the equipment truck and the cook truck. If it's equipment truck, instruments are stored at the front of the truck on top.. if it's the cook truck, that front part is the freezer and fridge -- in both cases, damage could be pretty bad.

I just checked the corps site and found no reports.. hopefully it was just cosmetic damage, nothing profound..

Could you tell if it was a semi trailer or if it was just one of the other trucks (like a Ryder sized truck)?

~keeping fingers crossed~

Edited by ScribeToo

It was the Penske truck. They have already replaced it. No damage done to any equipment. No injuries.

What a relief! Thank you!

~keeping fingers crossed~

No doubt. I hope everyone's okay, and I hope that this doesn't affect their season in any way.