Best music based on a film score.

Cavies - 007

BD - Casablanca

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2000 Madison Scouts, Miklos Rosza's Taras Bulba..... Good movie too... There aren't alot of leading men like Yul Brenner. A great brass book too! Sweet mello book.

Southwind 92 -- Kamen

I must say that I am a little partial to this show myself.

Prince of Thieves rocked. and although I did not get to be on the snare line that year I opened the show and had more snare solos in the pit than the snareline did.

OK my pennies worth :-

Cadets 84 West Side Story

SCV 92 fiddler on the roof

Cavies 04

and

BD 06 the godfather

Cadets 84 West Side Story

SCV 92 fiddler on the roof

I would've said '84 Garfield too, but technically WSS was a stage musical before it was made into a film (as was Fiddler, of course), so I left it out. But if we're including musicals too, then yes.

I really like 97 BD and 04 Cavies... definitely two of my favorite drum corps shows ever.

97 BK and 00 BD have grown on me, too, both for different reasons.

In 97, I was too big of a fanboy to appreciate what BK was doing with their Ben Hurr show, at least musically. I was young and too busy eating up BD, Madison, and SCV to appreciate anything else. Listening back on that show, I really have grown to appreciate the music, especially the Hardimon percussion book. 1997 Is one of my favorite years since I've been watching drum corps. Some very good shows in the top 12.

I didn't dig 2000 BD on first viewing for some reason. Can't put my finger on it. I guess it might have been because they didn't do as competitively well that year as the year before? I dunno... but I've learned to love that show quite a bit over the past couple years.

QUOTE(chris ncsu @ Jul 29 2006, 10:20 PM)

Southwind 92 -- Kamen

I must say that I am a little partial to this show myself.

Prince of Thieves rocked. and although I did not get to be on the snare line that year I opened the show and had more snare solos in the pit than the snareline did.

Me too. great drumline, hornline and guard. '91 little mermaid wasn't bad either. Both of those groups were undefeated in DII, with the exception of DII prelims in '92.

Regiment 03

Blue Knights the year they did Star Trek

that was '93...the head gear that year still freaks me out...that and the current Southwind's...

Anyway...my favorite movie score music, hands down, Cavies '04, and I guess BD '00 and BD '06 in a tie for second (though my current favorite BD show period is '04...with '99 and '93 in 2nd. Favorite Cavies show? Too many to count)

Edited by PageantryVisGuy

Blue Knights the year they did Star Trek

That show was.... um, wierd. :unsure: Pretty good corps, but what a weird show. :)