Phantom 1.025 from the lead.

well the gap is 1.3 now

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I said in the other thread, they gave up 1.8 in Visual. Time for some hard core sessions the next few weeks.

What stood out for me was Cavs winning 4 captions, BD winning 1, tieing one, and Regiment winning 2 and tieing 1

Was WAY closer overall than I ever thought it would be.

These three are definitely still in the hunt.

well the gap is 1.3 now

Phantom was at the show tonight? <_< :worthy:

lol i know i know, all in fun :)

I know just a little light jab in this waaayyyy to serious thread! ;)

So your opinion (and you wife's) is that PR's guard was better that year. Mine is not (and neither was the guard judge that night), but that does not matter. What I am saying is that the lack of a guard caption back then did not allow for for the most fair representation of the ENTIRE corps score. The guard adds so much to the total package of a marching band / drum corps show that it deserved it's own caption. Every part of the corps worked hard all summer and every part of the corps had a performance caption that weighed in on the total score with the exception of guard. To me that is not a fair representation of the entire corps.

I was just wondering where you were going...or, maybe more accurately, where you were coming from. The bottom line, though, is that it doesn't matter how guards are judged now. It was what it was, and on that particular night, for that particular performance, the total scores of Regiment and Devils were the same. And you also have to consider that designing guard shows has changed with the addition of a subcaption, too.

To me, the most amazing thing was Regiment's climb from 4th to a co-championship from quarters to finals. Regiment was 3.7 down on Thursday, 1.4 (and overtaking Cavaliers for third) on Friday, and passing Cadets to catch Devils on Saturday.

At DCI East that year, the last regional before finals week, they were 2.9 behind Devils. They're closer than that now and there's almost two weeks to go.

Garry

Edited by CrunchyTenor

What stood out for me was Cavs winning 4 captions, BD winning 1, tieing one, and Regiment winning 2 and tieing 1

Was WAY closer overall than I ever thought it would be.

These three are definitely still in the hunt.

Having a little too much time on my hands tonight...

Using an ordinal system, like figure skating, assigning a number for each subcaption placement (1=first, 2=second, etc.), this is how it worked out...

Cavaliers = 15

Blue Devils = 16

Phantom Regiment = 22

Bluecoats = 30

Cadets = 36

Same order of finish.

Garry