Phantom 1.025 from the lead.

It may not be a doctrine, but it is a philosophy that Cavaliers demonstrate through their productions year after year. Just as the Regiment demonstrates a philosophy that music has a postition of primacy above the visual. I think what grates on many Regiment supporters is that many others (often including the judging community) do not see these two philosophies and the weaknesses they create in both corps equally. The Cavaliers are often given a pass on having a less compelling musical program while the Regiment is rarely given a pass on having a less compelling visual program. If the situation were reversed the Cavaliers would have every right and plenty of reason to complain.

Yeah. Explain to me how Cavaliers have been consistently beating PR like a cheap Italian whore in music for the last, oh, 20 years.

I was generous to PR before, then I see the mindset of a PR alum from my era of marching Cavaliers, and remember why we all thought your corps sucked. Bad attitudes.

But hey, how about a new slogan for your anniversary year. "Phantom Regiment: 50 years, .5 championships"

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah. Explain to me how Cavaliers have been consistently beating PR like a cheap Italian whore in music for the last, oh, 20 years.

I was generous to PR before, then I see the mindset of a PR alum from my era of marching Cavaliers, and remember why we all thought your corps sucked. Bad attitudes.

But hey, how about a new slogan for your anniversary year. "Phantom Regiment: 50 years, .5 championships"

That's a skoash over the top man <**>

Hey, vaffanculo!

Hey I speak Italian (though neither cheap nor a whore) and I'm offended by that!

(spell it correctly at least!)

Edited by ScribeToo

Congrats!! You've guaranteed yourself first in something. First person to go on my ignore list. It took 3 years, nice job :worthy:

Sorry, but it had to be said. Some PR fans should get over the notion that they somehow hold a position of musical purity when it comes to what happens these days. There are excellent musicians and a solid musical program in PR, JUST AS there are in the corps who have historical strength in the visual caption.

And to go back to what I said much earlier in this thread; with some work, I think they can finish a strong 2nd.

Edited by mobrien

Sorry, but it had to be said. Some PR fans should get over the notion that they somehow hold a position of musical purity when it comes to what happens these days. There are excellent musicians and a solid musical program in PR, JUST AS there are in the corps who have historical strength in the visual caption.

And to go back to what I said much earlier in this thread; with some work, I think they can finish a strong 2nd.

I agree. But the "50 years, .5 Championships" thing was churlish.