Phantom 1.025 from the lead.

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why, were you there ?? I can totally see it and they are definetly, along with both Cavies and BD a contender to keep that caption. A sseamless, ever-evolving, visual kaleidescope. Sure Cavies are too, but theres just a tad bit more effect in the way Phantom stages their guard this year ovre what Cavies do, but it really could go either way.

Because I just saw these shows a week ago, and thats my opinion. :worthy:

I feel fortunate that what I take away from drum corps is enjoyment from all the different styles and the great performances of all the corps. I have a feeling of kinship with the Scouts, but truly appreciate every show I see for how it entertains me. Some shows I may get a little bit more out of than others, but I try not to get caught up in placements and scores(no, I have never marched). Thanks to all in the world of drum corps for your outstanding efforts to entertain! Can't wait for Madison!

Are you Insane?

PR 96 was a great show but it was definately one of the weakest DCI champions of any year. Their hornline and music was amazing, but their drill was not and neither was their performance of it. Most importantly BD's drum line and guard were on a different planet. PR is lucky that the guard caption was not factored into the scores back then or they would have not had a chance at all. That Half a ring they got in 96 was one of the biggest gifts in DCI history.

Are you on crack. Phantom's guard in 96 was incredible! The visual program was so musical and fit the program perfectly.

w/Stp:

I guess that is why they got fourth at finals behind Cadets, BD & Cavies

Ok...so let's just make one thing clear. You are pretty much stating that the judges always get it right...therefore, we're never going to see you complain about adjudication relative to different opinions of a show, correct? :P

DrumCorpsPlanet is a lot like chinese food.

Everyone really likes chinese food, not many people like the same places to get it, and even fewer like the same dish...

Where is the love? This is turning into RAMD reincarnated.

If you don't like PR or the Cavaliers, that is your choice.

If you do like PR or the Cavaliers great!

If you like them both, even better!

The point is, you all can argue until you are blue in the face. Drum corps is a lot like politics, discuss them and get offended.... but don't be just plain rude.

As an alum of one of the corps invovled, I HAVE A TON of respect for the other.... (doesn't mean I ever appreciated green jolly ranchers being thrown at me in retreat) but it does mean that I refuse to dog their programs, or the corps in general because of the actions of a select group.

We all have our bad apples, Regiment, BD, Cavaliers. Part of a group setting, is that sometimes the ones you don't want to claim leak thru the cracks.

Stef, I know you may have had bad experiences with PR and Cavie alums, but I promise you just as many good former members exist as bad (a lot more), and just as many bad members/alumni exist in other corps.

Ok...so let's just make one thing clear. You are pretty much stating that the judges always get it right...therefore, we're never going to see you complain about adjudication relative to different opinions of a show, correct? :P

I did not say that the judges allways get it right. I was stating the fact that if they were that incredible and that "flawless" than they would not have been in fourth.

I did not say that the judges allways get it right. I was stating the fact that if they were that incredible and that "flawless" than they would not have been in fourth.

Not necessarily true. After all, Star of Indiana should have three titles, and in fact only have one. :P

Cavaliers should probably have won GE Visual in 2000, but instead were 3rd (i think 3rd, or was it 2nd?)

Anyhow...as a former visual judge once explained to me...a corps can be "flawless" and still be judged below another corps that is not...because of demand, etc. I believe that was Ed Warren that once told me that. HArd concept to wrap your mind around...unless you think of two corps, one playing "MAry had a little lamb" and the other playing "Black Angels" by George Crumb. Even if Corps A is flawless, would you give them the edge if Corps B performed relatively well?