Live Stream Allentown?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very cool that they're streaming II/III, but why not Div. I Finals...?

I don't speak for DCI.org, but if I'm not mistaken, there is no Internet connect available to the actual stadium. DrumCat can elaborate.

My understanding is that there is no option to stream Allentown. There is no upload capacity of any note, particularly not one suited for doing a stream. Thus my understanding is that it is effectively impossible. Given what the Cat 5 team has done in the past few years to cover the event, it's probably not a surprise. Maybe DCI can get out of there soon, especially given the engineering concerns. I've been there, and I like funnel cakes, but I think it's easier to move the funnel cakes somewhere modern...

No fat pipe = no stream.

Very cool that they're streaming II/III, but why not Div. I Finals...?

I think they're trying to give you only one show streaming - after all, the shows are pretty much the same for the last 3 days.

So you get QF's in the theaters, Semis streaming and Finals on ESPN - they've got all of their bases covered.

Mike

I think they're trying to give you only one show streaming - after all, the shows are pretty much the same for the last 3 days.

So you get QF's in the theaters, Semis streaming and Finals on ESPN - they've got all of their bases covered.

Mike

Interesting.

But unacceptable.

Nah. I just want to see Finals is all.

but finals on ESPN is interupted sooo much, it only shows about 4 minutes of each corps. So you're stuck with just that and then you have to sit through all the Vinettes about what a drum corps is all about, while cute, they're made for band kids that have never seen DCI.

my reasoning in DCI doing a finals stream.

Well, lucky for you, you can! You even have TWO ways of doing so:

1) Buy a ticket and attend live

2) Buy the DVDs and relive it whenever you want

I am exercsing option 1...too bad we cant get a stream from Allentown, but it is only a few days before Madison so I guess I can manage

Interesting.

But unacceptable.

Nah. I just want to see Finals is all.

Well, I think there are rights contracts limiting the full streaming of the weekend. I'm sure the theaters on Thursday don't want competition to folks coming out and paying $. Also, for Finals, I'm sure ESPN wants to maintain the exclsivity of broadcast (albeit delayed) for advertising sales, etc.

Good with the bad .....