Finals Night Surprises

The CROSSMEN will tie Colts for the 12 spot.

Ohhhh how awesome this would be :)

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

What's the story here? What did bridgemen do????

Back in the olden days, 1977, the Bridgemen had a kick ### smokin' show. Unfortunately, they were disqualified for an overage player. Rumor has it, a staff member from Phantom turned them in. Urban Legend? I don't know, but.....Bridgemen and Phantom were fighting it out that year, both with great shows, but with styles that couldn't be different. The good old days, when corps had distinct personalities and styles, where you could close your eyes and know who it was by listening to the music. Today, not so much...

I think this is going to be a crazy finals week, and I am glad I'm going to be there.

I see now three corps to watch out for:

1). Santa Clara. Why? Because their show design is top notch (the best this year, IMO). They also seem to be shooting up score wise. I think they could challenge Cadets and Bluecoats, if they get their brass woes figured out. Brass line appears to be a weakness this year, and if they can't improve their brass scores alone, they won't stand a chance at beating Cadets or Bluecoats, IMO....but that remains to be seen. They certainly have the material to surge.

2). Blue Knights. Why? They have been improving and they are surprising some people. Could this continue? I think so. Instead of Santa Clara fighting for 5th, they may be fighting Blue Knights for 6th.

3). Madison. Why? Their drill is insane and they have so much room to grow still. Will the judges reward them if they do? I do not know. Personally, I am not impressed by the drill. The design is average IMO and it seems like it was written to be difficult for the sake of being difficult. It seems like the powers-that-be in Madison have over-compensated for two back-to-back seasons, in which they peaked early, by creating this incredibly demanding show. It's been done by other corps in the past, and they've gotten their just rewards. So, if they are as clean as Crown, Boston, and Blue Knights finals night, the judges would have no reason to place them behind any of these corps. They could finish as high as 7th, and as low as 10th. I don't see any corps below them passing them...but who knows? They are a gamble. Hopefully, next year Madison will figure it out.

Crown and Phantom get honorable mentions on my watch list. Phantom is pushing up against the top 2, and although I'm sure Cavies will win, who knows? Phantom has a great product. I think they have what it takes to win, but so do the Cavies. Will be interesting to see how the current top 3 pan out. Crown has a great product, a great brassline, and a great colorguard. Just 3 to 4 weeks ago, I thought they may pressure Phantom and Bluecoats. Now, they are sliding down. It will be interesting to see how they respond to their recent set backs.

I think we'll see groups of corps jumping up and down in the standings.

Lastly, I predict Spirit to top Glassmen!

Edited by gellio