Cadets morale?

Anyone speak with members and/or someone close to the Cadets?

I know that Hop has requested exhibition performance in the past, so his definition of success certainly does not lie in the standings, but there must be some very disappointed members in the corps. Does getting slammed every night take its toll on a perenial top 3 corps? You can say scores don't matter until you're blue in the face, but being a member during a season of the corps lowest standing in 15 years must be very discouraging. I hope they realize that 'pushing the envelope' sometimes means taking your hits. I have not seen or heard the show, so I cannot judge, but I would imagine from all the comments it's pretty off the wall.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now, I haven't been a big fan of the Cadets the past 2 years, but give me a break. Still being in the thick of it with a loaded field equals their lowest standing in 15 years?

Edited by skajerk

I have talked to people on tour with Cadets recently (yesterday). From what they say, they don't mind the scores, and while there are some dissapointed members, it is a definite minority. But, then again, what corps isn't like that?

Now, I haven't been a big fan of the Cadets the past 2 years, but give me a break. Still being in the thick of it with a loaded field equals their lowest standing in 15 years?

If they finish 5th, it will be their lowest finish since they were 6th in 1991. The last time they finished lower than that was 1981. Of course, it's still an "if", and perhaps a big "if" at that.

Edited by Maedhros

Should they be more disappointed about the scores they are receiving...or the show they are performing?

They should be more disappointed that Hrothgar15 doesn't like them much. :(

Cadets 2007 show will be title WWHD - What Would Hrothgar Do?

If they finish 5th, it will be their lowest finish since 1991. The last time they finished lower than that was 1981. Of course, it's still an "if".

What you are saying is grammatically correct, but it makes it sound as if the Cadets got 5th in 1991.

For the sake of clarification, the Cadets got 6th in 1991, and they were 5th in 1989. Other than those two years, the Cadets have been in the top 4 every year since 1982. In fact, they've been in the Top Five every year since 1982 with the exception of 1991, a remarkable and amazing feat.

They should be more disappointed that Hrothgar15 doesn't like them much. :(

Cadets 2007 show will be title WWHD - What Would Hrothgar Do?

Hrothgar would pick a theme, pick some amazing music, get some great arrangements of that music, get some amazing drill, some guard-work, maybe a few body moves here and there, and not even THINK about using any sort of electronic amplification in any way, shape, or form, and have a masterpiece of a drum corps show. I wonder why the Cadets have never done this before. Oh wait...

Edited by Hrothgar15

Why would they be disappointed to be performing an amazing show like that?

Good? Yes. Great? Maybe. Amazing? Hardly. Nothing about their show this year makes it stand out past their show last year. While there are a lot of firsts going on, being all the guard talking during the drum feature and the heavy amount of singing in the ballad, nothing is really all that innovative... We've had props, fancy drum work (most of which was done by The Cadets in the past), etc.