Cadets morale?

I don't know, maybe because it's a cheesy, immature, corny, stupid, farcical mockery of a drum corps show?

As I understand it, next year the Cadets will be moving to HCI - Hrothgar Corps International. You get to bust your butt all summer, and then during finals week, a teenager who has never worn any corps' uniform comes along to publicly ridicule you. I'm sure we'll look forward to Hop's blog posts about that transition all next summer, and Hrothgar's 102,034,972,123 rebuttals on DCP.

In the meantime, the Cadets are still in DCI. So I'm sure their morale is just fine, as they prepare to receive a standing ovation from the tens of thousands of fans that they will entertain this week. I watched finals week rehearsals from the 4th place Cadets in 2004. There was a little bit of wry humor about the scores, but they were working hard, and they seemed to be having a great time presenting their show. I don't imagine it's any different for this year's kids. You might take a minute to consider that finals placement may not be as important to the members of the corps as it is to the fans posting on this board!

And, Hroth, give it a rest already! We all figured out what you think of their show somewhere around June 1st. Why don't you show your maturity by abstaining from comment on the Cadets this week?

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hear hear!

We marched in a corps that didn't sniff a title during the years we marched...and yet we came back again and again. It wasn't because we thought we were going to win. It was because we loved performing with our friends, our "phamily." If there had been someone on the internet putting down our show, our corps director, our corps' staff...we would just not care. Especially if it was someone who never marched, never knew what it was like to bond the way corps bond, regardless of the show. Heck, look at us...I don't remember if you were one of them, but...a lot of us didn't care for the 1992 show we marched. And we still went out and marched it absolutely the best way we could. And we loved being there, every minute of the summer.

And that's how the Cadets feel right now. And they couldn't give a #### what someone on the internet has to say about them...even if it may hurt their feelings to see the show they have given their summer to thrashed so much.

Hrothgar....I'll say it one final time.

EVERYONE on DCP knows by now how you feel about the show. Enough is enough. This is a fine organization with a storied history, and its fans and alumni don't deserve to see the same #### thing over and over again. You say it once to get it out there. You say it twice to maybe prove a point, and you can trot it out if you're ever asked about how you feel regarding the show.

But when you keep bringing it up again and again...

It's embarassing, it's pathetic, it's cowardly, and it presumes that you know more than generations of people who have a long history of drum corps excellence...and frankly, I'm sick and tired of it.

Enough.

Indiana....LET IT GO!

Gotta give it up.

:beer:

As I understand it, next year the Cadets will be moving to HCI - Hrothgar Corps International. You get to bust your butt all summer, and then during finals week, a teenager who has never worn any corps' uniform comes along to publicly ridicule you. I'm sure we'll look forward to Hop's blog posts about that transition all next summer, and Hrothgar's 102,034,972,123 rebuttals on DCP.

In the meantime, the Cadets are still in DCI. So I'm sure their morale is just fine, as they prepare to receive a standing ovation from the tens of thousands of fans that they will entertain this week. I watched finals week rehearsals from the 4th place Cadets in 2004. There was a little bit of wry humor about the scores, but they were working hard, and they seemed to be having a great time presenting their show. I don't imagine it's any different for this year's kids. You might take a minute to consider that finals placement may not be as important to the members of the corps as it is to the fans posting on this board!

And, Hroth, give it a rest already! We all figured out what you think of their show somewhere around June 1st. Why don't you show your maturity by abstaining from comment on the Cadets this week?

Nah. Hrothgar Corps International is just like DCI, but with three-valved G-bugles and no amps. I wonder why DCI never considered such a scenario...

Nah. Hrothgar Corps International is just like DCI, but with three-valved G-bugles and no amps. I wonder why DCI never considered such a scenario...

Dude, you have been owned so many times in the last 3 hours, nothing you can say could redeem that pwn session. Quit now. Go march a corps.

Dude, you have been owned so many times in the last 3 hours, nothing you can say could redeem that pwn session. Quit now. Go march a corps.

The funny thing is, if the Cadets choose not to use vocal amplication next year, I'll be this much obsessed over them but in a good way, going crazy at anyone who disagrees that the show is totally amazing. Kind of like what I did last year, except on a much larger scale.

I'll try and keep this my last post about the kid, but I can't promise.

Hrothgar, here is my analogy.

Crossmen '95. One of the biggest breaks away from their tradition. I hear people saying that it wasn't what they were used to seeing, and that it still was a good show, just not one that you would expect Bones to put out. One of the only years in recent history they didn't play Jazz (although they still had a smoking drum line & break).

I've never seen people slamming them. Its just wasn't their cup of tea with the Crossmen. Everyone excepts that and they move on. Why, because 1995 wasn't the last year of drum corps, and neither will 2006 be the last year. Things keep moving on.

Congratulations, you are one of the few who don't like the Cadets show. So its built towards another audience, certainly nobody in their right mind can blame a corps for trying to reach a target audience. I know personally, that some years I just don't totally understand SCV's show. I still learn to appreciate it, accept that it is a demanding show and that they are performing it to the best of their ability.

So with this, I speak for the rest of the DCP community and I hope you go to Finals this year, so that for those of us who can't make the trip, we can have some piece and quiet around here.

The funny thing is, if the Cadets choose not to use vocal amplication next year, I'll be this much obsessed over them but in a good way, going crazy at anyone who disagrees that the show is totally amazing. Kind of like what I did last year, except on a much larger scale.

i really hope you join a corps, and halfway through the season they decide to add amped vocals, and maybe some amped singing too...

No, the funny thing is that we as Cadets fans don't want you because you've proven your true colors and maturity extremely well over the past several months.

i really hope you join a corps, and halfway through the season they decide to add amped vocals, and maybe some amped singing too...

Most of us would just be happy if he joined a corps at all.

Everyone has an opinion, and unfortunately DCP has given him a voice. While anyone in the world can say anything about a perticular corps, too be writing countless threads and posts about 1 corps who's show he doesn't like, you better step up or ...well you know.

Edited by CrossmenBaritone