Cadets morale?

They're in fifth, until I hear otherwise from Brandt Crocker, and Brandt Crocker alone. :P

Are you kicking them now to? :ph34r:

Who said that????

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They should be more disappointed that Hrothgar15 doesn't like them much. :(

Cadets 2007 show will be title WWHD - What Would Hrothgar Do?

LOL I am keeping my fingers crossed the 2007 show will be a 20th anniversary Appalachian Spring show

Quick question Hrothgar, where do you see the Color Guard in the whole picture. After all, the words Drum & Bugle Corps say nothing about an Auxillary.

I'm not trying to get into the argument over amps or not, cuz lets not go there...but spoken words have been around in drum corps for a long time, only difference is that now instead of the whole corps having to say something for it to be heard, only 1 individual can.

I love the inclusion of the colorguard. Their contribution to the visual component of the activity is very significant.

When were actual sentences spoken in drum corps pre-amps? When were shows narrated before 2004? When did a corps have a lead vocalists before amps were allowed?

They're in fifth, until I hear otherwise from Brandt Crocker, and Brandt Crocker alone. :P

I suspect Brandt will back me up on the 4th number come Saturday night - at which point everyone will wonder why so much energy was spent discussing a 4th place show... :P

Edited by mobrien

When were actual sentences spoken in drum corps pre-amps?

corps sung. chanted. drum spoke.

When were shows narrated before 2004? When did a corps have a lead vocalists before amps were allowed?

banners... if you complain about Cadets guard soloists being distracting try reading something while everything else is going on. At least the Cadets featured guard members do work.

Edited by Phantom&Phitch

I can think of members of a number of corps who have a lot more right to be disappointed than anyone in a top 5 corps. Try finishing 13th or 18th or even 22nd, and then talk about diappointment. But if you get to play all three nights, and even have a shot at a medal, you have no right to talk about disappointment.

I believe your "beloved" Cadets recited the Pledge of Allegiance a couple years ago, without amps.

Forgot about that one. Good point! I never cared for the 2002 show...I prefer 2003 by FAR. Still, unamped sentences are nowhere near as annoying to me as amped, because amped vocals are much louder. And not acoustic.

When were actual sentences spoken in drum corps pre-amps? When were shows narrated before 2004?

Yes, I know its DCA, and I myself was only 8, but I stated earlier. 1990 Bushwackers. The show was officially titled Prototype, but the concept was The Day in the Life of a Bushwacker. People were talking in it starting from sectionals to the actual show.

I can see your complaint about the lead vocalist, honestly I can. But since I'm a new teacher, here is your homework assignment. I want you to find one person who reads the DCI Discussion page semi-regularly who doesn't know where you stand, because guess what...WE ALL DO! So why do you feel the need to constantly remind us what we already know and don't care about. You said you "thought" about joining a corps, plus your going out to Madison to watch finals? Why don't you just go ahead and join a corps, even a Div. III. That would at least add some credibility to your opinion that most people don't want to hear anymore.

Edited by CrossmenBaritone

Wam, Bam, Thank You Ma'am and this thread is done.

Good luck to the Cadets and Crossmen in Madison as well as to every other corps, I think I'm done in this post...although who knows, right?