Cadets morale?

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, but this is a discussion about The Cadets (not the rest of DCI), and you implied they were classier than Hrothgar's posts. I was just pointing out that their behaviour at San Antonio toward the Cavies and BD was nowhere near classy.

If this happened, I would take it as individuals. I would hope that any Cadet would never do this. I'm sure it happens, but that's reflective of a poor individual.

Don't have the patience to read the whole thread but I am curious as to Hrothgar's background in the activity.

I believe Hrothgar has said he is/was a woodwind player (is that correct?) from a very fine HS marching band program - Lassiter HS. Excellent program, excellent band - several time BOA champions. Very large band.

Hrothgar, why don't you take up brass or percussion and try to get in on the fun and challenge? As much as you seem to be devoted to drum corps, do you not have an interest in marching?

EDIT: I mean it's ok if it's not something you would be interested in doing, and you would rather just be a fan. I just wondered, as you are time limited in the number of years you can perform, and if you wanted to march, it would be a shame to look back and say I coulda, shoulda, woulda.

Edited by JustABandMom

Like I said, a kid with a computer & too much time on his hands. :P

And how much time did it take for you to make your avatar? hahaha

Anybody who spends time making avatars and sigs and stuff apparently cares for the activity.

So I would say that it's not fair to single him out. He obviously cares about drum corps (over 1000 posts and he's been on here for two years?!?!).

I would also say that designing a drum corps show wouldn't be thaaaat hard. I mean I've seen some pretty dumb band directors come up with a half decent marching show (and by half decent I mean compared to other band shows). However, in order to direct your own corps, you do need to have some common manners and be optimistic about the activity. But this is an internet forum, not "American Drum Corps Director."

I believe Hrothgar has said he is/was a woodwind player (is that correct?) from a very fine HS marching band program - Lassiter HS. Excellent program, excellent band - several time BOA champions. Very large band.

Hrothgar, why don't you take up brass or percussion and try to get in on the fun and challenge? As much as you seem to be devoted to drum corps, do you not have an interest in marching?

I've definitely considered it. It would probably have to be 2008, seeing as I kind of have to learn an instrument first. My "ageout" year is 2010. I'd probably audition for a non-top-12 Division I corps as well.

Anyone speak with members and/or someone close to the Cadets?

To keep this short.

Yes two close friends. (the weather Girl is one) Yes their Morale is fine. They love what they are playing they are having fun learning a lot. They plan on going back next year. Hope that helps you.

Good day.

Crossmen didn't have amped vocals in 1995. That's all this is really about.

And you accuse me of speaking for the masses? I'm leaving Friday morning and I'll be back Sunday night, in case you were wondering.

Have you noticed a trend lately? People are tired of hearing about it from you.

I think it safe to speak for the masses in this particular case.

What of reports I've heard from friends this year saying that The Cadets sat on their hands at the end of another corps' performance while they were in the stands? I'd say refusing to clap for the sake of looking rigid is fairly unclassy.

I was there and did not notice anything intentionally evil as you're trying to make it out to be.

First of all, Cadets came in and sat down by the end zone. I doubt they really could see much of either show, but instead were just trying to get away from everyone to rest a bit.

Again, no need to spread rumors, especially since you were not even there.