Cadets morale?

I'll try and keep this my last post about the kid, but I can't promise.

Hrothgar, here is my analogy.

Crossmen '95. One of the biggest breaks away from their tradition. I hear people saying that it wasn't what they were used to seeing, and that it still was a good show, just not one that you would expect Bones to put out. One of the only years in recent history they didn't play Jazz (although they still had a smoking drum line & break).

I've never seen people slamming them. Its just wasn't their cup of tea with the Crossmen. Everyone excepts that and they move on. Why, because 1995 wasn't the last year of drum corps, and neither will 2006 be the last year. Things keep moving on.

Crossmen didn't have amped vocals in 1995. That's all this is really about.

So with this, I speak for the rest of the DCP community and I hope you go to Finals this year, so that for those of us who can't make the trip, we can have some piece and quiet around here.

And you accuse me of speaking for the masses? I'm leaving Friday morning and I'll be back Sunday night, in case you were wondering.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't care much for Phantom's show this year. I've said as much when the topic came up. The difference is that I have respect for the corps and for others and don't try to cram my opinion of Phantom's show down everyones throat at every single opportunity.

Crossmen didn't have amped vocals in 1995. That's all this is really about.

I don't know if it is the first instance of amped vocals, but if you look at the year 1990, the Bushwackers who would later go on and win that year, did have amped vocals. No, it wasn't someone speaking into a microphone with wires leading into a mixer then being projected through a speaker, but instead had someone talking into a bullhorn. But I guess if vocals are going into a mixer, then that is when its a bad thing.

Don't have the patience to read the whole thread but I am curious as to Hrothgar's background in the activity.

Just a fan. I was introduced to the activity through marching band a little over two years ago. Saw my first show in June 2005.

Edited by Hrothgar15

So saying that your show is horrible, is bashing them, because you are bashing something they BELIEVE in.

I would like to say that if you want bash somebody and it's on an internet forum, you should be able to bash anybody you want. Even if somebody believes in what you're making fun of (take Scientology for instance). But yeah the fact that this guy's getting outright mad over the Cadets' show is laughable. Just make a funny joke and move on.

And BTW, I don't think you can really compare the mighty mouse to the other mouse shown. Just because a gizmo has more features doesn't mean it's more complicated. In fact it makes the whole experience more comfortable. It's kind of like how my mom always says that our remote control to our TV is too complicated. If you just learn it through one time, the experience is much easier. I feel very strongly about this.