Why aren't The Cavaliers hated?

you musnt have been at indy last year when Cavies lost.

Eh, the crowd went crazy in 2003 when BD overtook the Cavaliers in Indy.

edit: Hey Maedhros. Great minds think alike. :)

Edited by Jayzer

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you musnt have been at indy last year when Cavies lost.

Sorry, but George's statement just came across as a little....blunt.

1) Look at who some of the Midwest corps are: Regiment, Cavaliers, Bluecoats....there are a lot of really good drum corps in the midwest. And don't you root for your hometown football team?

2) I'm a fan and hopefully future member of a midwest drum corps that wears white. I'm a fan of another midwest drum corps that wears green. But, I love love love me some SCV!! (ask anyone in my theater for Quarters) or some Blue Devils any day of the week. George seemed to lump all us "Midwest fans" in one big group of unsportsmanlike hogs, and I don't appreciate that. Maybe I misinterpreted what he said, but maybe he could have worded it better. Drum corps is all about sportsmanship (see PR/Cavies thread) and it's no fun to be the "jerky midwest fan," not because you did anything wrong yourself, but just because you happen to be from the midwest.

As for Indy, there are many many people who don't support Cavies just because they're a "midwest corps." I'm sure those people in Indy were upset because they liked the show. Gah!

Sorry if this came across a little jerky myself. I'm off my soapbox now. :)

Why aren't they hated?

Maybe because they don't do weird #### like certain other corps do year in and year out... :worthy:

I gotta jump in here...the Cavies color guard uni's were the wierdest **** that I have ever seen...except for maybe the Scouts guard uni's...

Rainbow indeed...

just wait - they'll beat PR or Cavaliers soon enough and it will change

Well, until they get a drumline, I don't think they'll be beating the Cavaliers or PR anytime soon...

just wait - they'll beat PR or Cavaliers soon enough and it will change

Don't do this, George.

Have you heard on this board how much people love corps like the Phantom Regiment- and not "just because they're from the midwest?" Did you read the Ave Maria thread, the ballad thread, the Scythian Suite thread, the Regiment won thread, the (insert yay regiment thread title here) thread.... folks love the Regiment because of what their shows do to you emotionally, NOT because of where they are based. For the record, I'm trying to find a way to drive ten hours (500 miles) to make it to audition camp. There are probably four D1 corps closer to me, but I want to march for Phantom Regiment. And it's NOT cause I'm a stinkin' midwest fan.

Edited by Wild Nights