Best guard unis of the year...

IMO Adam Sage has done it again...

3 yrs in a row he has created some of the most opulent, intricate, and layered guard unis in the activity.

Phantoms guard this year was nothing short of breath taking. From the demon posse, to the guard, to the angles at the end, it was truely beautiful to watch and i'm looking forward to seeing what he can bring to the plate next year.

Honorable mention: Cavaliers. they were awesome and fit the show well, but not as breath taking ot me as Phantoms were.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Phantom Regiment and Cadets hands down.

Definitely Phantom. I don't see how Sage does it. Man, he has some vision! I wish that I could have that raw talent with respect to guard design.

GO PHANTOM GUARD!!

I usually love Regiment's guard and this year was no exception (the GUARD, not the uniform).. but I wasn't crazy wild about their uniforms this year. Last year's.. LOVED em.. this year.. ehh.. not so much. It wasn't bad.. it was okay.. but it just wasn't enough for me to say "yes, I love that."

I thought Cavaliers' guard looked great.. but those uniforms I did not love because wearing them probably made those boys hotter than any human ever needs to be..

I LOVED Colts guard uniforms this year.. and Blue Stars..

The thing that I've found striking over the past few years with Phantom is their excellent use of color. Being a graphic designer, I really appreciate it when all colors, at all times, complement each other. I thought 05's color schemes were beautiful, tastefull, and dead on in communicating what they wanted. Absolutely gorgeous, from the costumes, to the props, to the flags. This year looks to be much of the same. Good for them.

For the first time in a long time, I really liked BKs guard costumes, too. The last time I've really dug what they've been wearing was the 2000 season, but this years worked with the show concept, as well as the corps proper uniforms.

I also really liked Cavie's costumes this year. They reminded me a lot of the 1995 uniforms in a lot of respects, which is good. Probably the best look they've had since then.

The worst, in my eyes, were Vanguard's. As much as I liked their show, and the corps in general, I thought their uniforms were the antithesis of the perpetual movement concept. To me, they should have worn something sleek, fast, and most importantly dynamic. Instead, they had awkward color blocking that didn't seem to suggest anything that the show was about. Something along the lines of their 2000 or 2002 would have been more appropriate, though not perfect.

Best Overall - Phantom Regiment

Best Use of Orange - Southwind

Most welcomed Change- BK (thank god they got rid of white this season!)

Most Whimsical - BD (loved the ties to the shoulder on the chickies)

Most interesting - Cavies (I know the lady that worked on them all season long.....they looked great!)

Favorites

Cavies - Fit the show concept very well and were very unique

Crown - loved that purple color, looked great on the field

Honorable Mention

Bluecoats - liked the change of colors

Phantom - fit the show well and contrasted well the corps proper uniforms

Madison Scouts - while many fans didn't seem to like them, I thought they were very unique and went with the show concept very well

Not So Much

Santa Clara Vanguard - just kinda a let down...fast, exciting show, blah colorguard uniforms

Cadets - kinda boring to me...even some of the characters uniforms weren't that great

I usually love Regiment's guard and this year was no exception (the GUARD, not the uniform).. but I wasn't crazy wild about their uniforms this year. Last year's.. LOVED em.. this year.. ehh.. not so much. It wasn't bad.. it was okay.. but it just wasn't enough for me to say "yes, I love that."

I think this thread will mostly come down to PR vs. Cavies as they both had really great guard unis...

the difference between the two for me is that Cavies unis looked like halloween costumes whereas i felt PRs looked more like something you could see in a movie... like a difference in quality of detail.