We need more Cirque du Soleil music on the field!

I always though Alegria would make a good arrangement for a winter percussion liine .. but then again I have weird ideas.

Yep, in fact, it has been done. Canyon Hills Jr. High School from California did it in 2004 and made PSA finals at nationals. They are the only middle school group to ever even come close, let alone make it into finals at WGI.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously, this stuff is AMAZING. There's enough beautiful music in their for dozens of drum corps shows. "Journey of Man" is absolutely gorgeous. I highly recommend buying this soundtrack. That would make one of the most beautiful drum corps ballads of all time. I don't know what I wouldn't give to hear a drum and bugle corps brass and percussion choir perform this song.

Which other Cirque du Soleil tracks do guys think would work?

Come on, corps! Let's get a move on! Get those arranging rights!

I think more Cirque du Soleil music would be a great thing.

I will also add that if anyone is going to do so Cirque du Soleil music in 2007, It should definetly be The Cadets. I mean really.......think about......... they already have a huge head start by having the experience of incorporating a vocalist last year.

I also think they have proven they can do some death-defying acrobatics. LOL ( ok....death-defying might be a little much.......maybe just dangerous )

Cadets 2007 in the closest thing to Cirque du Soleil that the drum corps world has ever seen. Diverse and wacky music, cool ethic sounding vocals, exotic costumes and characters, and crazy acrobatics..........all in the same show. If anyone should do Cirque...........it should be The Cadets.....I honestly think that they are the only top 6 drum corps that would take the design risks neccesary to make it great and true to form. ( all my opinion ^_^ )

Edited by SCdrumcorpsfan

In the hands of someone like Scott Boerma the La Cirque music is perfect for drum corps.

Madison '03 is in my top 5 shows of all time! (for drum corps, not just Madison)

Then you, sir, have excellent taste.