Sorry

Pilate: But what is truth? It truth unchanging law? We both have truths. Are mine the same as yours?

Crowd: Pilate , crucify Him! Remember Ceasar, you have a duty! So keep the peace now crucify Him! You'll be demoted! You'll be deported! So keep the peace now crucify Him!

OK, you're pegged as being old. You remember lines from Jesus Christ Superstar. :P

And guess how I knew it was from JC Superstar :(

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok now all of you.... group hug :blink: ... there, don't you feel better now?

Hey, we are all one big happy family, aren't we.... or are we.....

So.. I guess since I didn't recommend that he stop posting (and I don't think he should), then I guess we're all good expressing our opinions, right? :)

Yup, everyone's free to post whatever they want to, as long as we follow forum guidelines. I guess the point of such an exchange is a bit circular. You skip over his posts, and say you skip over his posts. He probably couldn't care less who skips over his posts, since he's not necessarily posting for anyone but himself (as is the case with most of us). See where that goes?

Oh come on! You're not that old. Try not to get worried. Try not to hang on to problems that upset you.

Don't you know everything is alright?

Everything's fine!

I actually had to laugh! Thanks Stef! To be honest, I am not whining, just think that things are happening in drum corps, specifically DCI that I and others aren't to happy about. I like change! However I am wondering why the change or the idea of changing what drum and bugle corps is all about. I believe that the points that I have made are all worth "whining" about. I know that there will be change...2 to 3 valve, G to Bb, and that's all great. Heck, even singing is great! But I draw the line when amps are being used and the dumb idea of woodwinds are even thought about. I am a teacher and I like marching band but for a very long time there was a difference between corps and band. When some individuals throw the weight around to "push" for THESE changes then people like us should speak out.

I say what I want about Pres. Bush. Heck I teach in a predominantly Republican school and County and we have conversations that neither one of us will win. But I, and everyone of us has a voice in drum corps whether anyone thinks so. To be honest, last week or two, I read some posts that bothered me and I spoke my mind. I allow anyone to "attack" me until it becomes personal, then I bite back. Stefani had every right to say what she said, so I have no problem. I have read her stuff and sometimes disagreed but (and I could be wrong) I don't think I ever said anything in a post to her. Stef? This is the HISTORICAL section and probably MOST of us may feel the same way I do. It's okay if you don't. I believe in change, but for the right reason. Not because some "almighty guru(s)" says so, but for the good of the activity.

We either agree or disagree and that's okay. That is what this forum is for. Can you imagine if we all saw eye to eye? I wouldn't be here. Like I said, sometimes I need to speak my mind and maybe "stir the pot." Many of us do it.

So guys lets be adults here and work together. If some of you can convince me and others that the changes that have or will happen are for the good of the activity then GREAT! But you have to defend that decision because we will defend our response unless you can talk us in to it. Hey Bill, thanks for watching my back BUT Stef and I go way back and she's still a great person in my book!

I actually had to laugh! Thanks Stef! To be honest, I am not whining, just think that things are happening in drum corps, specifically DCI that I and others aren't to happy about. I like change! However I am wondering why the change or the idea of changing what drum and bugle corps is all about. I believe that the points that I have made are all worth "whining" about. I know that there will be change...2 to 3 valve, G to Bb, and that's all great. Heck, even singing is great! But I draw the line when amps are being used and the dumb idea of woodwinds are even thought about. I am a teacher and I like marching band but for a very long time there was a difference between corps and band. When some individuals throw the weight around to "push" for THESE changes then people like us should speak out.

I say what I want about Pres. Bush. Heck I teach in a predominantly Republican school and County and we have conversations that neither one of us will win. But I, and everyone of us has a voice in drum corps whether anyone thinks so. To be honest, last week or two, I read some posts that bothered me and I spoke my mind. I allow anyone to "attack" me until it becomes personal, then I bite back. Stefani had every right to say what she said, so I have no problem. I have read her stuff and sometimes disagreed but (and I could be wrong) I don't think I ever said anything in a post to her. Stef? This is the HISTORICAL section and probably MOST of us may feel the same way I do. It's okay if you don't. I believe in change, but for the right reason. Not because some "almighty guru(s)" says so, but for the good of the activity.

We either agree or disagree and that's okay. That is what this forum is for. Can you imagine if we all saw eye to eye? I wouldn't be here. Like I said, sometimes I need to speak my mind and maybe "stir the pot." Many of us do it.

So guys lets be adults here and work together. If some of you can convince me and others that the changes that have or will happen are for the good of the activity then GREAT! But you have to defend that decision because we will defend our response unless you can talk us in to it. Hey Bill, thanks for watching my back BUT Stef and I go way back and she's still a great person in my book!

See? I knew you'd take what I said in the spirit in which it was intended..

That's why you'll never lose my respect, Keith. You have perspective. I dig that about you, man.

Sorry (as is the original title of the thread). I guess my reactionary, oportunistic sense of humor was a little harsh in this case. My bad.

Sorry (as is the original title of the thread). I guess my reactionary, oportunistic sense of humor was a little harsh in this case. My bad.

Thanks Bill! And I already knew what Stef would say.....by the way Steff you look a bit different then the last time I saw you. Yes? Of course that was a few years ago?