"A" Class?Div II/III Corps that did well in Open/Div I

So I'm sitting here thinking, what corps did well from the jump from A class to open

Add yours in case I forget

Bluecoats, Glassmen, Royal Crusaders, Squires, Carolina Crown, Blue Stars, any others?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I'm sitting here thinking, what corps did well from the jump from A class to open

Bluecoats, Glassmen, Royal Crusaders, Squires, Carolina Crown, Blue Stars, any others?

Dutch Boy won Divison II (A class in 1982, made finals by 1990) B) :lol::lol::lol: b**bs

Well, we were 3rd in class A 1979. 34th (I think) in open class 1980. And a smokin' hole in 1981.

Wha...? Oops! Sorry, I thought you said "Who didn't do well in Open/Div I"

Nevermind. ^0^

Actually the Bluecoats only ever competed "A" class in 1 show, the 1981 US Open which the corps won. We were always an open class corps even if we weren't always a great open class corps.

Actually the Bluecoats only ever competed "A" class in 1 show, the 1981 US Open which the corps won. We were always an open class corps even if we weren't always a great open class corps.

NOT TRUE!!!

I competed against Bluecoats in the 1970's. They were class "A"

NOT TRUE!!!

Correct.

I also competed against them in 79, they were class A

St Andrews Bridegemen were Garden State Circuit champs that made the jump to what you call Open class. We called corps like GSC corps class 'B' and corps like BS and Garfield class 'A' I guess I really AM old!)...but the concept holds.

The Muchachos were another GSC corps that made the jump.

Elizabeth Polish Falcon Cadets gave Open class a shot...an excellent drumline in the 70's taught by BS Snare drummer Bobby Craig.

LI Kingsmen, another GSC champ..went Open class.

Fords Saints were another...had a nice show one year...opened with Grieg's Piano Concerto in A minor and closed with "My Way".

Valley Grenadiers were another GSC corps that tried to make the jump.

NOT TRUE!!!

Correct.

Ha, me too !! They competed in "A" Class against us from 1974 to 76, then went Open (Division 1) in 1977-78 !!!

Correct.

Well since the corps folded and did not field in 1979 I find it rather difficult to believe you competed against them that year. The Bluecoats were always an Open class corps, the management never wanted to compete in Class "A" even from the start in 1972 when it was a bunch of 15 yr olds (I don't know the actual ages of the members). In 1981, my brother marched then the corps only competed in one Class "A" show, the US Open, which they happened to win. All other shows were in open class.

Well since the corps folded and did not field in 1979 I find it rather difficult to believe you competed against them that year. The Bluecoats were always an Open class corps, the management never wanted to compete in Class "A" even from the start in 1972 when it was a bunch of 15 yr olds (I don't know the actual ages of the members). In 1981, my brother marched then the corps only competed in one Class "A" show, the US Open, which they happened to win. All other shows were in open class.

Well, I competed in many shows in NY, Ontario, OH and PA and they were Class "A"