DIV I CDs!

Don't get your hopes up.

Well, that's not fair to say, we might get an online, downloadable CF (Er...Champions Fanfare, of course.) of all the bottom tier Div 1 corps at once.

APD quality. Yum. <**>

What has you down on the APD quality? Have you heard any QF APDs?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me.....

$8.39 Shipping

$3.00 Handling

= $11.39 Total S&H

I was just about ready to buy the Division I CD's until I saw the S&H prices. :(

Now, I'm just gonna go ahead and buy the DVD/CD bundle.

Ditto here. Of course I was going to wait until I saw the cut-n-chopped version on ESPN2 in Sept. to see if it's worth buying. But with S&H at almost the cost of the CD, it's not worth the effort. Unless, of course, someone buys the CD, rips it and makes it available to free. :devin:

Again DCI has not listened to it's market.

What?! That's a total rip off. I can't stand when shipping costs 4 times more than it actually costs to ship the item. Then they throw in a $3 handling charge? No thanks. I was thinking about ordering until I heard this. Thanks for the heads up.

Actually, DCI is doing just as you want - they are charging you their costs. Sorry that some here don't have a realistic idea of what shipping and handling actually costs.

The $5.72 for shipping (varies depending on where you live) is the cost to ship your CD via UPS. The number that DCI charges is the amount they get charged from UPS.

The $3 handling charge covers everything from the credit card charges to process your order (2.5% to 3.5% of the total charge depending on which card you use) to the packaging and bubble wrap so your CD arrives safely to the cost of running the DCI online store to the salaries of the people who pick and ship your order. My guess is that the $3 doesn't actually offset all of the costs involved.

Very large companies with very large volume (like Amazon) can sometimes offer special shipping deals. Until DCI gets that big, I have no problem with them attempting to break even on their costs.

And - one way around this problem is to order more stuff. If you order this year's CD's and combine it with a T-shirt, a couple CD's or DVD's from prior years, etc. the UPS charges do not go up significantly and the $3 per order charge stays at $3.

What has you down on the APD quality? Have you heard any QF APDs?

I just don't feel it is as clear as last year's CD's were.

Personal opinion, (though I'm sure a few others share it.).

I would rather pay (less) for better quality (for those who were not top twelve in Div 1.) like those who buy the top 12's performances.

i agree...the apds quality is significantly lower than the cds from last year....does anyone know the reasoning behind the cut of the 13 and lower corps from the cds

Actually, DCI is doing just as you want - they are charging you their costs. Sorry that some here don't have a realistic idea of what shipping and handling actually costs.

The $5.72 for shipping (varies depending on where you live) is the cost to ship your CD via UPS. The number that DCI charges is the amount they get charged from UPS.

The $3 handling charge covers everything from the credit card charges to process your order (2.5% to 3.5% of the total charge depending on which card you use) to the packaging and bubble wrap so your CD arrives safely to the cost of running the DCI online store to the salaries of the people who pick and ship your order. My guess is that the $3 doesn't actually offset all of the costs involved.

Very large companies with very large volume (like Amazon) can sometimes offer special shipping deals. Until DCI gets that big, I have no problem with them attempting to break even on their costs.

And - one way around this problem is to order more stuff. If you order this year's CD's and combine it with a T-shirt, a couple CD's or DVD's from prior years, etc. the UPS charges do not go up significantly and the $3 per order charge stays at $3.

Bob: You have a great grasp of reality, for which I commend you.

DCI doesn't make money on shipping and handling costs. I hope others whom have complained about this carefully read what you have presented.