End of season 2006. Thoughts, observations,

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well said.

Very well said.

I also like the goodnews you posted about BDs. :)

WordRider

G,

Thanks for the review. I really value your opinion and insights because they largely mirror mine with a twist. There isn't a thing in your review that I don't agree with, especially your observations on the Cavaliers. I may be a little biased, but I dug this show more than any other Cavalier show since 2000.

Good luck on the house, you are going to really like fixing it up. You are very fortunate, there are so many people in California that cannot even afford to buy here. When I found out the house across the street in my neighborhood went for $1.1m, I swallowed my tongue and nearly passed out.

The 2006 DCI title belonged to the Cavaliers, from the first time I saw them.

This Cavaliers show was designed so flawlessly, performed so solid, and full of contrasts nad dynamics, nobody had a chance. This show, to me, was as sweet visually as 2000. Musically, it was one of Cavies best efforts and blows 2002 away. Congratulation Cavaliers, you earned the title in every way.

We agree again. I loved it immediately. It had it all. It was fast-paced and very masculine (no ballerinas floating around in chiffon). It had percision throughout. Nothing sweet and dainty about this drum corps show. Congratulation Cavies!!

Another year, another finalist berth for the Spirit of Atl......JSU. This corps, however, should not be defined by its placement (jus tlike the 1987 corps) Easily the most powerful, most mature, most solid corps since re-emerging in this latest configuaration. Everything about this show said polish, profesional, and experience. I liked this years drill much better than last years, more readavle transitions and much better staging .

I REALLY enjoyed Spirit this year. Frankly, I enjoyed their show better than many of the higher ranked corps. Thanks for a very entertaining show, Spirit.

As an aside, I was at the Wakefield parade on the fourth. Each corps performed in front of the viewing stand (or whatever it's called). Spirit absolutely stole the show, . . . uh, parade.

Oh, and who's the trumpet tech you guys had? Geez! I was walking by the parking lot after a show and I heard "Over the Rainbow" with nothing but screamer notes coming out of his trumpet. I remember just saying to myself, "Wow."

Vanguard !! Friday nights SCV performance was by far the most emotional of the night, had they performed like that on Saturday ?? Fourth place without a doubt. This show was just amazing. The little things that are often taken for granted, the non stop motion, the integration of the guard....THe way the left the field. A very successful season for SCV and a "watch out for next year"

Totally agreed. Semis performance was amazing. Loved their ending and am excited for next years SCV!! Also about Crown, out for revenge.....could be dangerous.

so good to see you this year...get your ### to DCA. you'd love it!

Thanks for the great review! I agreed with most of your opinions as well. Like you, I didn't quite get into the Blue Knight's show this year, but I look forward to giving it another chance when I get the DVD.