Senior Year of High School Marching Corps?

Hey,

So guys, I really want to march with the cadets next year...

The only problem is that its my senior year of high school and I don't know if the scheduling conflicts would hamper my ability to take part in it. I would probably miss most of spring training.

Anyone have any ideas/any incite into what I should do?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most corps expect you to put your school commitments above corps commitments. If you want/need to go to your graduation, you should be able to work it out with Cadets.

I missed HS graduation to be with my Corps for our home show/season opener and my only regret was that Robin Williams was the graduation speaker and I missed meeting him.

I can't remember 10 people's names from my graduating class (even though I still live here), but I could list all 128 kids from corps that year, and that was 26 years ago.

highschool is 4 years -- DrumCorps is F O R E V E R !

My understanding is that lately the Cadets have been very strict about moving in on time and attending spring training. The crossmen, on the other hand, are much more relaxed about it.

That being said, if you are a good student and your teachers and admin like you, you can often finish classes early and be exempt from the last few weeks of school. I know someone who has done that the last two years with decent success.

About graduation though, it will depend on the philosophy of the corps admin whether or not they let you. Personally, I say to go back home for it. Corps is valuable, but so are you high school experiences. I am very glad that I was able to participate in all of the stuff surrounding my hs graduation even though I was never much into all of the social stuff at school. I could go on and on about my and my girlfriend's experience with a similar situation, but if you really want to hear more about it just pm me.

Edited by lbjazz

Thanks guys!

highschool is 4 years -- DrumCorps is F O R E V E R !

eusa_clap.gifthumbsup.gifbeer.gifbanana.gif

Edited by garfield_cadets