DCA Championships

What, are you kidding? Planning meetings start nearly immediately!

IT NEVER ENDS!!!!!!!!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know what I like best - it's been 24 years since I was at a DCA finals - I'll let you know next Monday!

This is only my 2nd finals (I know, I know... I'm still a baby <**> ) but since finals were in Scranton, I'm psyched to have finals only about 45 from my house!! Plus, I love the whole drum corps atmosphere... The whole being able to talk to other people who actually know what drum corps is (what a novel concept!) and especially hanging around with the vets who seem to know everyone and meeting the people they know (most of whom I promply forget :P ).

lauren

This is only my 2nd finals (I know, I know... I'm still a baby <**> ) but since finals were in Scranton, I'm psyched to have finals only about 45 from my house!! Plus, I love the whole drum corps atmosphere... The whole being able to talk to other people who actually know what drum corps is (what a novel concept!) and especially hanging around with the vets who seem to know everyone and meeting the people they know (most of whom I promply forget :P ).

lauren

Oh pshaw. No baby status here Lauren. After one final(if not before) you're a vet and don't let anyone tell you different. If, as you say, you've made two finals you have reached instructor status. Don't sell yourself short. :blink:

this year, i'm going to remember my friends helping me keep a smile on my face. as i learned today a family member was given days to week to live, my thoughts may often be elsewhere, and i'll be grateful for all my friends there to help me snap out of it from time to time and make me try to enjoy myself

I don't know what I like best - it's been 24 years since I was at a DCA finals - I'll let you know next Monday!

It's been 30 years for me and I played in it, so actually haven't ever got to watch DCA from the stands.

Last year was my first DCA Weekend since...... well since before it was a weekend and Prelims/Finals were the same day. We'll miss this year due to "Life Happens" :(

Will miss meeting new people, talking about DC and reliving old times anywhere we happened to be. Last year we met and talked to corps people in the hotel, Italian Fest, stadium, parking lot, etc, etc. Soon as a corps jacket or shirt was seen the mouths started going. :P

It was my wifes first time at DCA and she was just in shock how many people talked to us and how nice everyone was.

Edited by JimF-xWSMBari

It was my wifes first time at DCA and she was just in shock how many people talked to us and how nice everyone was.

[/quote/

Doesn't get any better than that Jim.......