DCA Championships

Other than the obvious.....Drum Corps'....Drum Corps'....and Drum Corps'. Meeting old friends...aquiring new ones.....What else, if anything, do really like about DCA Labor Day weekend.

I kinda like being able to peruse the hallways and whatever (just roaming around) wearing just my shorts, a T-shirt, thongs, (or bare foot) in a 4 or 5 Star hotel and not feeling out of place. :P Gives me a warm fuzzy feeling all over.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember one year they were doing some constuction on one if the floors and some people put a sheet of plywood in the elevator,jammed the door open slightly on the top floor, filled it with water from the fire hose and sent it down. It was hilarious!!!!, but very costly, seeing we were the only corps at that hotel we got the repair bill,won't mention which one,but I think they were kind of fabulous and maybe in the crusades. Another time at VFW nationals a guy was passed out drunk and was put out in the hall naked completely coverd with shaving cream, that corps was considered Mighty and blessed by a Saint with a cup of Joe

Edited by zarblap

boobies! :P

boobies! :P

Yeah... that was the last time I was on the field for retreat at finals. We brought Mardi-Gras beads along with us as we lined up for the big retreat ceremony. LOTS of boobies. ^0^

In all honesty and seriousness, my favorite part is probably getting to see all the people I've marched with in various corps over the years, and all my friends in other corps.

Yeah that's fun, but the encore inside the stadium is best! :)

just being around all my friends, and the atmosphere.

however, monday, i feel bummed cause it's all over.