letter from board of directors from scouts site

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you confirm? or can anyone confirm? He is truly a wonderful person and would be a great asset to the corps both on and off the field, but I will not believe it until I hear it's true.

Confirmed - official announcement coming soon.

What is the source? Or better yet, when is the "official announcement" coming?

I am not trying to be a jerk,

Well.. we are going into a holiday weekend.. if it hasn't come by now, I wouldn't expect to see it until Tuesday. It's after business hours already and a press release would also go out to local press -- fruitless on a holiday or afterhours..

Confirmed - official announcement coming soon.

What is Spanos' amdministrative and management background? Does anyone know? I know he was a great player and Blast! member, but has he run anything substantial?

What is Spanos' amdministrative and management background? Does anyone know? I know he was a great player and Blast! member, but has he run anything substantial?

To be fair, had Jeff Fiedler run anything substantial when he became the Cavaliers' director?

Had George Hopkins done so when he took the reins?

I realize it's a different world, but I'm not entirely convinced that having run something substantial is the most important thing to look for in a director.. AND.. what if he has the educational background for the ED position? What if his job history (not necessarily "running something substantial," but what he did for a living until now) supports the decision to hire him?

I guess I'm not ready to hold the employee responsible for getting himself hired just yet. Know what I mean?

This will also mark the first time a female has taken on a key role in the Scouts hierarchy. Her name is Jessica Simpson. She has been a Scouts fan for years and thought that she should throw herself into the running since she's done know how to do things higher, louder, and faster than everyone else.

:spit:

Moose Drool all over my monitor/wireless keyboard.

Until just over a year ago, I was on the Scouts Board and don't believe that the current Board would dare make the same mistake of mishandling critical information twice over the span of several weeks. The topic of "New Director",etc. is currently very tight lipped and neither have there been any signals be it white or black smoke preceding from the Pontiffs chimney. That's not to say that there couldn’t possibly be credible Big Lips hanging in the weeds, if so they need to be rooted out and dealt with appropriately! Furthermore, it is highly irresponsible when considering the current marching members for any so called source to be offering their premature congrats to "JS" or statements of supposed fact before any official announcement <**>. These past few days have been very tough going regarding the emotions of give or take 135 current members. Let’s please give them the courtesy they deserve.

Sincerely,

MadSctSop75

Or

"The Jester" to 35 other guys

I was on the Scouts Board and don't believe that the current Board would dare make the same mistake of mishandling critical information twice over the span of several weeks.

I hope your faith in the remaining Board members that they would't make the same mistake twice is justified. I guess we'll all see shortly.