Marc Sylvester steps down

Geez aren't we all just a bit touchy here? Whatever, yeah, I'd say winning DCI with their highest score and then coming in whatever it was..what 5th? is a bit of downfall but that's just me.

And people are blaming Marc's design instead of the failure of the show to be executed. It's so obvious.

well actually, they would have executed better if they didnt have to tweak the design so much... so while the show wasnt executed cleanly, the poor design and was to blame for that bc if it wasnt designed bad then they would have had more time to clean and execute better.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's sad is that people are "blaming" Marc for the downfall of this years Cadets cause of his "design" (it seems on here anyway) when in reality he was doing what he was asked. The double standard on here is so obvious. I guess they have to blame someone.

I didn't say 50 was "old", I just said I wouldn't want to be touring at that age either.

DOWNFALL OF THE CADETS!!!!!!!!! Did I miss something???????? They had an off year, hardly a Downfall. That might just be a little wishful thinking maybe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sshh:

Donna

I'd say going from 1st to 5th, in one year, would be a MAJOR DOWNFALL !!! :blink:

As for an off year...that would be like, from 1st to third. B)

I think Jon Vanderkoff would be a good fit. Former Cadet...protege of Marc and George...It would be nice to see him in the activity again.

It's funny that people are so selective with the things they remember. Yes, the Cadets had an off year competitively this past season, and yes that is partly due to the design on Marc's part. However, Marc also designed the 05 show, and that turned out pretty well for them.

Maybe Marc really is just wants to slow down and do something else.

From the press release it sounds like it was more Marc's decision then YEA's.

ya know, i think it's great he wants to go after his dreams in the art world. i wish him all the luck.

That's what I was gonna say. I'd take it at face value unless someone with real inside info told me different. The Cadets have had "down" seasons before and he's stuck around. And after all the great shows he's helped create, would Hopkins really sack him after one 5th place finish? Why is it so hard for people to believe that once you're 50 years old and you've spend all those summers on the road, you just might want to do something else?

ya know, i think it's great he wants to go after his dreams in the art world. i wish him all the luck.

Me too, you know I have one of the flags that he and George created on our 86 show hanging on a wall, it is beautiful. Even my son likes looking at it. :) He is very talented in art.

I agree with you. What's kind of funny, though, is that Hopkins posted in his blog just a few days ago about how hard it is to fire people, and commented on how many times he's let someone resign, rather than announce that they were fired. Most likely any connection between these two is just poor timing, but it does make you raise an eyebrow or two....