Alumni Spectacular

Thanks John for pointing me out with the Bridgemen jacket. I had a great time working with the Bridgemen. They are a great bunch of people.

It was an honor to help bring back a corps I watched as a kid come back to life

Hey, John and I are in that picture too - I'm closest to the 50 and John is next to me.

It was fun working with you too Bob!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dan S ....great pics of my Bridgemen family. Can you spot me in one of the last photos

RF

Well my intention was to get you and Liz Duguay in pictures. I had much better luck with you than Liz. Because I was in the upper deck and my camera only zooms to 6.5X and the fact i dont see as well with my contacts in, I was taking a wild guess I was focusing on you. You looked good bro, (altho better in green B) )

it is well known i'm the 'Where's Waldo' of all drum corps pics anyways. :lol:

Just have to say that the Erie Thunderbirds Alumni were honored to be invited to perform in this venue. Many of you involved in our activity know us mainly through minicorps and the titles we hold but the Alumni Spectacular performance was probably our best effort to date.

With 43 Brass and 23 percussion we had the fans on their feet with the first note of Donny Allen's arrangement of "Artistry In Rhythm". Donny not only conducted this opener but proceeded to jump back into our horn line, along with Steve Cooley, (when was the last time that happened?) to add just that "extra touch".

Thank you DCA for this opportunity :lol:

Just have to say that the Erie Thunderbirds Alumni were honored to be invited to perform in this venue. Many of you involved in our activity know us mainly through minicorps and the titles we hold but the Alumni Spectacular performance was probably our best effort to date.

With 43 Brass and 23 percussion we had the fans on their feet with the first note of Donny Allen's arrangement of "Artistry In Rhythm". Donny not only conducted this opener but proceeded to jump back into our horn line, along with Steve Cooley, (when was the last time that happened?) to add just that "extra touch".

Thank you DCA for this opportunity :blink:

Gene........you guys sounded great. I had a smile on my face the whole time. Hang em High was awesome. Great stuff. And then to see Mike Schubert playing with you guys. My Dad used to blare our stereo while sitting on the back porch and Mike lived across the block. We are talking late 70's here. He would inevitably come walking through the back yards to ours and sit there for hours while my Dad played him Drum Corps Records. Naturally, Mike fell in love with anything Hawthorne and shortly thereafter attended a show in Rochester with us. Needless to say, Hawthorne brought tears to his eyes. I'll never forget it. Anyhow.........I haven't seen Mike in 20 years, so to see him out there with you guys and to hear him play so well and to know he was going to get to share the Cabs Alumni Corps experience with his 3 boys (the eldest of which is named after me:)) was truly special. Good times.

Sorry we didn't get to talk. See ya next year!!

Eric Watters

Atlanta, Ga.

I wanted soooo bad to be there and see it live. I saw some of Bridgemen's performance

on youtube and that was awesome. I could imagine seeing it in person and being blown

away...not just by Bridgemen but all the other groups as well. I will make it next year.

To me, this is the future of Drum Corps. Great melodies, great percussion, no gimmics Drum Corps!!!