Dr. Beat

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BDB does not use a Dr. Beat.

But we do use another metronome. It's a Korg or Roland I believe. Our DM also had a really cool mini clip-on metronome that he could clip on his ear or hat. Had all sorts of subdivisions and cool stuff on it too. I think he lost it though.

Heh...during finals week our bass tech was changing out our heads so we were marching visual without our drums. But because we have all the pretty logos on our heads he had to call us down one by one to level out the heads on our drums. So instead of walking back and forth between the garage and our practice field, he hooked up his shiny DB-90 to a long ranger, cranked the volume and put on every sub-division. It was henceforth known as the "Creature Call" and anytime we heard it we came running!

P.S. Just a side note, Dr. Beat do you realize that your avatar is actually a Long Ranger, not a Dr. Beat?

dr beat is a good toll early in the year.

by late season, if you're still using it, you've become too dependant on it and have tempo maintenance issues

Our Dr. Beat was Don Hill with a cowbell. Same as Dr. Beat, but this one could yell at you. :)

Ours was a staff member clapping with once in a while "commentary" in time with the beat to start us off.

"1... 2... 3.. 4.... Kiss my... ###... ready... go.. "