Mr. Moto

He didn't end up comming over, rain and work running late caused us to miss times. I'm sure he'll pop over again sometime. Last I saw he was marching around I-235 here in Des Moines.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so THATS who i almost hit in the construction zone down there... someone needs to be more careful :P

How about a website with Mr. Moto sightings. I could have swore I saw his profile pass my window one evening, but there is no way to verify it.

ok, now this topic is starting to weird me out. haha. its like he's some kind of superhuman being. when in fact he was just an injured dude. ahh well, its all in good fun i suppose. i've done searches online, there is alot of talk out there. I can't imagine being him and having people bring it up all the time. Well better him than I.

How about a website with Mr. Moto sightings. I could have swore I saw his profile pass my window one evening, but there is no way to verify it.

I kid you not!

I haven’t told anyone this yet because I'm still not convinced it actually happened. Furthermore, since "the incident", I find myself gravely concerned for the state of my mental health. This may sound like a desperate cry for help but I truly need for someone, anyone out their to confirm what I saw!!!

Well, here I go. I do a lot of traveling for my job which often requires driving within a 6 hour radius of home (Madison, WI). A few days after "Finals" I had an all day conference that I attended in Des Moines IA. It was now evening, the conference was finally over and all I wanted to do was get the heck out of Dodge and get home to my baby's.

Anyone who's driven from Des Moines to Madison understands the pain in which I was about to endure, but I was motivated. It was pedal to the metal time and I seemed to be making great time but now I had lost the daylight and fog was beginning to set into low lying valleys. I tend to push the limits with the gas gauge and this evening was no different.

There's not much regarding human habitation in middle IA and finding a gas station after midnight can be akin to winning the lottery! I took an exit to a town that should have been named "Boot Scuff" and I happened upon a 24 hour Sinclair station (I didn’t know they still existed), Holiegh Looooo Yaaaaa!

I hate it when I have to battle the double curse of fog and droopy eyes. So this was a very welcome oasis for fuel, to stretch the legs and hook up to the caffeine drip.

I love Harley's and in partial view of the far outside pump island someone was filling their hog. From what I could tell it was a "Fat Boy", totally tricked out, lots of chrome and custom candy apple red. It popped with that unmistakable "potato,potato,potato" sound that only a Harley Davidson can make. Music to sooth the savage beast!

At about that time this old codger from behind the cash register throws open the door to the station, screams at the top of his lungs towards the outside island, "Hey You,…Cant You Read!!"..."You’re Supposed To Shut It Off Before You Fill Your Tank!!!!"....."Hey You,...Are Ya Deaf!!!"...."Shut...IT...OFF!!!"...."That’s It, I'm Calling the Cops!!!" Man, this old fella was going absolutely bizerk! It’s like 2 a.m. something in the morning and grandpa over their is going to have a coronary. Just when I was thinking about encouraging the old guy to give it a rest he comes back out shaking his fist and yells again..."Hay..You'l See Soon Enough, The Copper's On His Way!!!” The old guy then looks at me and shouts, "What the H_ _ L You Looking At!" I just shook my head and went back to filling my own tank.

Here's where things got a little weird. Just a few minuets earlier I was behind the wheel nodding off but now I'm wide awake from all of the excitement. Now I'm feeling a little stressed out thinking I'd like to go in their and get some caffeine for the road but then again I don’t want to deal with the old coot! Then it happens, I hear this person get on his Harley and then commences to "lock em up" and "burn rubber"!! This dude created such a cloud, I think he smoked his tire for a good minuet or so. Now I'm thinking, OK, this is about to get real ugly and all I really want to do is get home and not be a witness to something stupid.

Then, just like that, the person with the bike is gone and all I saw was a taillight heading up the road behind me. At this point I'm almost done filling my tank when off in the distance I hear the same sound of that Hog heading back my direction. I remember audibly saying to myself, man, please don’t come back here, I just want to get home tonight!

Now I'm about to soil myself because I hear the bike slow down, pull in, and the dude is revving the heck out of the throttle as he slowly pulls right next to where I'm standing. I did not dare to look at the rider but I couldn’t help myself because this was one sweet bike. As I began to slowly turn and look, I remember saying to myself, that’s kind of weird. Hear was the strangest kind of foot gear I'd ever seen for someone on a Harley ...white street shoes??

My eyes began to pan up, and there he was, in full uniform.....It was Mr. Moto. I couldn’t say or do anything, I was suspended in time. He then brought his Hog down to a normal Idle and just sat their looking straight ahead for what seemed to be an eternity. What happened next will forever leave me a changed man. I never saw his eyes because of the slightly downward angle of his dark green ausi hat. But then he slowly turned his head my way. The only thing I remember seeing because it was as if I was starring at a masked man was all of a sudden a slight smile emerged from under that brim, that was it. Then with great precision he one again snapped and locked his attention straight ahead. While remaining focused straight ahead and almost statue like he then snapped off a very rigid salute. That’s it; he was off into the night. Besides his tail light, the last thing I recall seeing was a trumpet strapped to the back of the bike and then he disappeared into the fog of that dark night.

Now I became completely stupefied, was this the same guy I had just seen days earlier marching around the perimeter of Camp Randall Stadium in Madison? Have I completely lost my marbles? Will the Green Bay Packers have a winning season this year? (I digress). I then stumbled into the station mumbling to myself, gave the guy a $20.00 for a Mountain Dew and stumbled away without the change.

I don’t remember the rest of the drive home, heck; I have no recollection of the following day or two after I supposedly got home. My wife says that I just stumbled around the house for a few days and I kept murmuring something under my breath about Mr. so and so with the green hat. I don’t care what anybody says, I know what I saw. But what does it all mean? There has to be more to it! Am I simply not grabbing a hold of something simple but yet profound that Mr. Moto was wishing to convey? Mr. Moto Who Are You? What Are You? Mr. Moto, Do You See World Peace On The Horizon?

Man, I need help!

My wife wants me to call the doctor. I'm not eating or sleeping. What do I do?

That’s It, Ill start on a quest to find Mr. Moto. And I’m going to find him...I must find him... Only he has the answers!

J. Hundt

MadSctSop75

Hahahaha, wow. Thats pretty awesome, man. I think that sighting is #1 so far.

I should let you all know that Mr Moto sightings will be down for the next week or so because he is partying with all the Spanish chicks in Spain, more specifically, Ibiza. I boarded him onto a flight at Manchester (UK) Airport. Said that after the intense season, he needed to cool his jets with sun, sea and sangria!

That said, even though he was in Bermuda shorts, a tank top and sandals, Mr Moto WAS still wearing the Aussie!

Big Deal! We see Mr Moto here all the time in Iowa. He comes out from between the corn along with a myriad of other apparitions (Knee-His, Eye Openers, Precisionaires, Royals, Chevaliers, Knights (both CR and Geneseo), Bridgemen, Blue Stars, Guardsmen, Saginaires, RIver City Railmen, Fox Valley Raiders, Rivermen, Kingsmen, 27th Lancers, Kilties, North Star, Freelancers, and Suncoast Sound to name a few).

You didn't think baseball had a monopoly on the field of dreams, did you?