Official DCI 2007 Show Announcement Topic

The first time I heard this song I thought "Cadets ballad"

It was awesome in The Woodlands' show this year.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i for one hope that "david the gnome" is worked into scv's show. sort of the mr. moto of 2K7 B)

You mean another Ravel piece? Its already 2-1 in favor of Respighi.

And to answer the question, I dunno. I can certainly see something like:

1. Daphnis

2. Gnomes

3. Church Windows (ballad?)

4. More Daphnis

Well, I'll find out in two weeks!

I once wrote Phantom and told them they should do Daphnis and Cloe. My idea was that they would start out in all black uniforms and eventually change to white as the show progressed (and this was before they switched to all Black). You should hear the Montreal Symphony Orchestras version of it - it builds into the most wonderful release you could imagine. I can't wait to see Vanguard do it.

What do all these themes have in common? THEY'VE ALL BEEN DONE BEFORE,lol. I know change is hard but thats the evolution of the activity.

Last thing I heard about the "murder mystery" show was that it was Sully's idea and now that he's not heading the design of the show, maybe the idea got scraped.

Hey, I just started Posting, Well about the whole cadets 2007 show they posted a whole competition thing and well I entered right at the last day.

I had recently saw a band perform wicked and so my whole show was about the two most infamous witches there is and that would be a combo of wicked and the chronicles of narnia.

So mr. hopkins hasn't posted anything yet and im all nervous :sshh: but if i dont win this time there is always next time b**bs

I had recently saw a band perform wicked and so my whole show was about the two most infamous witches there is and that would be a combo of wicked and the chronicles of narnia.

does the music include "Lazy Sunday"?

lol.

i think i would like amps if a corps had somebody yell 'mr. pibb plus red vines equals crazy delicious' in the middle of thier show.

BTW on the whole Murder Mystery topic Delta Brigade did that show in 1997, complete with a different "killer" every night.