I talked with someone at BVP and according to them, they stopped recording at Prelims because water was starting to get into their cameras (the wind was driving the rain toward the audience) and they were afraid of damage. If the cameras were damaged, then they wouldn't have been able to record Finals.

Not defending them, just repeating what I'd been told.

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote from a friend of mine named Marshall Sylver: "Hurt people hurt people." Shadow 7 has been hurt. His DCA experience was less than he expected. Now he wants his pound of flesh. And he's not ####### around.

He has criticized DCA as an orginization, has called out members of the DCA committee by position/name, criticized the leadership, facility and municipality that hosted the championships and has extended his frustration to the members of this thread. To what end?

Let's say DCA apologizes. And not one of those prepared statement kind of apologies. I mean a heartfelt "Gee, brother, we're sorry you feel that way and we want to apologize for all of it." What then?

I ran this situation by my 4 year old daughter. I kept it real simple but she got the point. Know what her response was? "Daddy, that's a real shame." Then she grabbed her box of crayons and started drawing a picture of her cat.

Quote from a friend of mine named Marshall Sylver: "Hurt people hurt people." Shadow 7 has been hurt. His DCA experience was less than he expected. Now he wants his pound of flesh. And he's not ####### around.

He has criticized DCA as an orginization, has called out members of the DCA committee by position/name, criticized the leadership, facility and municipality that hosted the championships and has extended his frustration to the members of this thread. To what end?

Let's say DCA apologizes. And not one of those prepared statement kind of apologies. I mean a heartfelt "Gee, brother, we're sorry you feel that way and we want to apologize for all of it." What then?

I ran this situation by my 4 year old daughter. I kept it real simple but she got the point. Know what her response was? "Daddy, that's a real shame." Then she grabbed her box of crayons and started drawing a picture of her cat.

GREAT post!

I just love how many people have put words into my mouth in this thread that previously didn't exist. And how many interpretations there are of my intentions. So let me set the record straight. My intentions are to never have a National/International Championship Competition occur without at least meeting some minimum standards. And I think it's fair to say that DCA 2006 failed to meet those standards. At least at prelims, which unfortunately is the only show that some corps get to do.

My point being that if I were to show the pictures (what few there are) and videos of prelims to someone who is a member of a drumcorps, but has never heard of DCA 2006, say twenty years from now. Would they in their wildest stretch of imagination equate what they saw to a championships? Would they even believe me if I told them it was, then proceeded to show DCA 2007 under the exact same conditions?

I talked with someone at BVP and according to them, they stopped recording at Prelims because water was starting to get into their cameras (the wind was driving the rain toward the audience) and they were afraid of damage. If the cameras were damaged, then they wouldn't have been able to record Finals.

Not defending them, just repeating what I'd been told.

I ordered the DVDs off the DCA website as I couldn't make Rochester this year due to family issues. What was on the website is that BVP was afraid of water damage to the equipment which would mean no recording of Finals.

Just confirming what you heard.

Edited by JimF-xWSMBari

I just love how many people have put words into my mouth in this thread that previously didn't exist. And how many interpretations there are of my intentions. So let me set the record straight. My intentions are to never have a National/International Championship Competition occur without at least meeting some minimum standards. And I think it's fair to say that DCA 2006 failed to meet those standards. At least at prelims, which unfortunately is the only show that some corps get to do.

My point being that if I were to show the pictures (what few there are) and videos of prelims to someone who is a member of a drumcorps, but has never heard of DCA 2006, say twenty years from now. Would they in their wildest stretch of imagination equate what they saw to a championships? Would they even believe me if I told them it was, then proceeded to show DCA 2007 under the exact same conditions?

i'd say "wow look at those gutsy crazy ######## out in that rain....that's hardcore!"

actually, the only thing that kept them from finals was their visual package.

DUDE -

HAVE YOU READ THE RECAPS?? We hit box-5 with comments on a visual sheet and you say THAT? You have no idea what you're talking about!! I really like how you tell ME though - knowing fully that i'm on the design and instructional staff - what kept my corps out of finals. You're a piece o' work man, i tell ya. Now that BOTH of your feet are in your mouth, i'll draw you a picture. It's is called FACT, not speculation. Look and the FACTS and (try to) deduce again what kept us out of finals. I've left it in plain black & white so that there's no confusion.

Field Visual 11th

Ensemble Vis. 10th

Guard 15th

Field Percussion 15th

Ensemble Perc. 10th

Field Brass 11th

Ens Brass 8th

Vis Effect 1 11th

Vis Effect 2 11th

Music effect 1 8th

Music effect 2 11th

I have nothing else to say to you.

considering that people consider guard to be part of the whole visual package and you scored so low in that caption i can see where Jeff's coming from with that comment. not having seen your show i have nothing to judge it by other than the scores.

that being said i'm sorry you guys didn't make finals as i'd have loved to have seen your show.

that being said i'm sorry you guys didn't make finals as i'd have loved to have seen your show.

In the end Liz, thats probably what disappointed us the most, and I'm sure the other Non Eastern corps who missed finals felt the same way. No one saw us!

In the end Liz, thats probably what disappointed us the most, and I'm sure the other Non Eastern corps who missed finals felt the same way. No one saw us!

i don't think it's just the non-north eastern corps that feel that way Dan. it's any of the corps that didn't make finals.