Show of the Night

Apparently I've been negative and whatnot on here lately, so here's something more positive. Take a listen to Phantom 1991 tonight and appreciate it for what it's worth. Incredible show.

Tawk amongst yaselves...... :)

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is one of my favorite shows of that year. Awesome brassline and great guard--one of the few I have actually paid attention to--sorry guard members!

Of course you can't miss the "visual" at the "push". :P

Edited by ravedodger

Some of those guard/horn visuals were, well... b**bs Great show, the dude tossing his horn on Finals night was amusing. :P

It was a fun show to march all season long, a great show to be a rookie in, and a fantastic Finals performance. As one of the guys on the receiving end of that...um....visual near the end of the first half of Bachannale, I can tell you we had fun. ;-)

Should have been 2nd to Cavvies at finals; Star had a less than stellar performance that night. SCV was on fire too (Miss Saigon). Most of us in top section, side 2 on the 0 yard line had it

Cavvies

Phantom/SCV

BD/Cadets

Star

Base on the performances we witnessed that evening.

Flame shields up.

Apparently I've been negative and whatnot on here lately, so here's something more positive. Take a listen to Phantom 1991 tonight and appreciate it for what it's worth. Incredible show.

Tawk amongst yaselves...... :)

A great show!! Still the loudest encore concert I have heard to date (Franklin Field in Philly). Loved the music, and the opener was to die for. Actually, I would have had this show over the Cavaliers for its cleanliness, demand, and musical artistry, and just a shade under Star of Indiana.

Should have been 2nd to Cavvies at finals; Star had a less than stellar performance that night. SCV was on fire too (Miss Saigon). Most of us in top section, side 2 on the 0 yard line had it

Cavvies

Phantom/SCV

BD/Cadets

Star

Flame shields up.

Even though I am a former, ex Regiment, Star '91 was not to be denied. I frankly thought they would be farther ahead than what they were.

RM - JMO

ampssuck

Cavvies

Phantom/SCV

BD/Cadets

Star

Flame shields up.

I know this is a thread about PR but.....

I never hear the Miss Saigon show mentioned much around here and to me it was one of my all time favorites. From the battery making it sound like helicopters were coming in to the big flower like(poppies?) flags. I really enjoyed that show that night in the Cotton Bowl. :laugh:

Of course if you did that same show now you would just mic up something in the pit and make a helicopter sound. :sshh:

I know this is a thread about PR but.....

I never hear the Miss Saigon show mentioned much around here and to me it was one of my all time favorites. From the battery making it sound like helicopters were coming in to the big flower like(poppies?) flags. I really enjoyed that show that night in the Cotton Bowl. :laugh:

Of course if you did that same show now you would just mic up something in the pit and make a helicopter sound. :sshh:

Absolutely chilling when the North Vietnam flag covered the field at end as the helicopters faded into the distance