Lee Beddis to head Carolina Crown Percussion

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed flamaflam5. Don't let the negative comments get to you.....you worked hard and did your best!

Sometimes you just can't control those things out of your control. Staff issues are what they are. My first year in drum corps, my section had for an instructor an age-out from the year before, who just happened to follow a DCI Hall of Fame member. This instructor was not prepared to write, clean, or lead the group that she had just marched with the previous season. BUT, that did not diminish the fact that I worked the hardest of my three years that year! Were we great? No. Did we work hard and have a reason to be proud? Indeed.

Best wishes to the Crown percussion as they work with a new regime. Best wishes to their departing staff.

I don't expect Crown to get into the top 6 immediately. It will take a couple of years to get his system down. I believe their shows need to develope a little more as well to compete.

No offense to crown, this is still a budding program. (IMO)

If he has the players it won't take a couple of years to get his system down. I'm betting the name Bettis will bring in some very high quality players just as it did in Madison...in fact, I wouldn't be shocked to see some Scouts follow him to CC.

If he has the players it won't take a couple of years to get his system down. I'm betting the name Bettis will bring in some very high quality players just as it did in Madison...in fact, I wouldn't be shocked to see some Scouts follow him to CC.

You mean the Scouts that followed him to Madison from Crossmen?...there were a few.

Well reguardless of what the scores say, or any of you think, I loved the staff from the 06 season, and we worked our buns of and we all know it :)

Dont let the "negative" discussion get to you. We folks here at DCP pick apart everything, good, bad, otherwise, or what not. 12th place, in the world aint really bad, some just wish Crown were higher because your show, overall, was outstanding and we are picking apart to see what happened.

Thanks for a great show. I thought the drumline was just fine and I enjoyed your performance.

Im pretty sure most others did too !!

~G~

Well reguardless of what the scores say, or any of you think, I loved the staff from the 06 season, and we worked our buns of and we all know it :)

From my own observations, I can say the following about the outgoing percussion staff at CC:

They worked very hard, and encouraged a high work ethic amongst the members.

They were students of the art..

For some reason, they were not succesful at getting the percussion program at the same level as the rest of the corps. As I am not a percussion person, I honestly cannot say what the cause was. I do know that DCI percussion is VERY competitive and little things can make the difference between a great line and a medicore one. My general impression with percussion is that you have to have quality 'beats' and you have to play them clean. In my uneducated opinion, the CC percussion section was as clean as most and seemed to have a pretty musical book...though I cannot say that this is an educated statement.

They were all pretty good guys and were always gentlemen to me.

Actually it was .4 behind cadets 18.7 to 18.3 with SCV in 7th at 18.1

Wow impressive! All I know is I didn't need a judges score to tell me I was listening to a smoking clean horn line. But with Ben Harloff on staff (right?) how could they go wrong? Who else was on their brass staff? They have such a clean awesome sound...I've become a fan of their horn lines as of the past couple of years.