Member corps

you raide many great points. NC was to be one super show like this.....the turnout wasn't that hot tho. Maybe we look at a different location where maybe things could turn out differently?

Lets see,,

Rochester Semi's were suppose to be a super show but the turn out wasent so great.

Could it have been the weather?????

Maybe?????

Possibly????

Probably??

Chose one that fits!

WS was having some fall out from a "hurricane" from what I remember.

Just a thought. :)

Edited by camel lips

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This may happen a lot sooner than anyone (outside the South) thinks. :ph34r: There is a strong spirit of cooperation among the DCAS corps. Good times ahead.

Nice to see a freindly voice here. :)

my job description with DCA is fan. They pay me nothing, and when i purchase DCA merchandise or ticekts to their events, if there is a profit, in essence I pay them.

So what your saying is,,you have to pay DCA to listen to you??? :)

DCA listens to me for free. :P :P :P :P :P

Kidding of course :P :P :P :P :P :P

Lets see,,

Rochester Semi's were suppose to be a super show but the turn out wasent so great.

Could it have been the weather?????

Maybe?????

Possibly????

Probably??

Chose one that fits!

WS was having some fall out from a "hurricane" from what I remember.

Just a thought. :)

i am discussing regular season Ed. Rochester had great sales for prelims...record levels I believe....just no one came cause of the rain. I dont recall NC having that many fans not attened cause of a thunderstorm

So what your saying is,,you have to pay DCA to listen to you??? :)

DCA listens to me for free. :P :P :P :P :P

Kidding of course :P :P :P :P :P :P

if they dont listen tome, they dont listen to me. i'm not losing sleep over it. as long as what they decide to do works, i'm all for it.

rushing out and trying all kinds of #### that could blowup in their face is not what i'm for, and luckily, their thoughts mirror mine

as for expecting a lot....shoot for the moon. Even if you only draw 4k with out the big dogs...which btw, DCAS has a few big dogs of their own...then you've made huge progress.

Thank you for saying this. I'm tired of CV not getting considered in the "big dog" category....whatever that means. We've been here and we've paid our dues and we can compete strong.

In fact, if one DCAS corps stayed home this year and ran a show, NE corps would be out of their minds not to go.

I'm curious to hear more about what you mean here. Please expound.

Can we ask one or two corps to schedule one 4-day weekend at mid-season?

Can't speak for any of the other non-NE heathens out here, but that is pretty close to what the CorpsVets have been doing for every northern show. Three days actually - plenty of time for R&R, post bus-lag recovery, quality rehearsal, quality show, and travel time. And yes, we do have corps members who have to catch up to the corps due to work/school/family. But we make it work.

It isn't impossible, it isn't even that difficult on the corps and members.

Try it - you might enjoy the experience.

This has been one of the best threads I have ever participated in. You know the thread that the DCA put out on suggestions for the Championships. I hope they are listening and writining some of this down. There are some very good suggetions that I hope we can get worked on. I personally would love to see more corps all summer long. Keep the passion alive.

Mike Ryan

Cabs 1975-2007

Can't speak for any of the other non-NE heathens out here, but that is pretty close to what the CorpsVets have been doing for every northern show. Three days actually - plenty of time for R&R, post bus-lag recovery, quality rehearsal, quality show, and travel time. And yes, we do have corps members who have to catch up to the corps due to work/school/family. But we make it work.

It isn't impossible, it isn't even that difficult on the corps and members.

Try it - you might enjoy the experience.

The Kilties normally hop on the bus (or independent travel) at 6pm on a Friday evening, travel throughout the night. Hop off the bus, get a 4-6 hour rehearsal block, couple hours of R&R, shower, change into "battle" attire, warm-ups, do the "gig", the retreat, jump on the bus, travel throughout the night and arrive back midafternoon to early evening on a Sunday. It's called "drum corps"!! :ph34r: b**bs B)

Edited by bill

Do not work on moving the DCA championships. Do not work on getting the east to travel. It is not needed and just a backwards step to holding down all age costs, time, and travel. Work on getting good judges and usable reads in regional shows. Work on getting the most fair set of rules for everyone. This is what is needed most for the expansion of D.C.A. Just an idea here....If you want the votes to reflect participation. One vote if you go to any regionl DCA show. Two votes if you hold a DCA show. One vote if you go to the championships. Two votes if you make the top ten. Maybe one vote to the corps who goes to the most shows. A corps that shows up for just the championships can only get one or two votes. The most active corps can get six or seven votes.