What is II/III

Div. II/III  

140 members have voted

1. 1. What best describes Div. II/III to you?

• a separate circuit meeting a specific audience need
    • a separate circuit to help introduce drum corps to new marching members
    • a minor league for Div. I
    • other...please reply in a post.

Obviously, to some people, the truth hurts. My statements are true and accurate.

:wall:

Why should they have to move up? That doesn't even make sense. Not everyone strives to be Div I. There are plenty of corps and members who flourish in the lower divisions. Clearly, we should close everyone who can't afford (financially, time-wise, etc) out of the drum corps world.

I marched three years in Div II, aged out in Div II, and I loved my drum corps experience.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow all Div II/III are all alike and the #1 goal is to "move up" for some reason.

Yeah, and all Div II/III college football teams are trying to become Div I. :worthy:

Obviously, to some people, the truth hurts. My statements are true and accurate.

No. They aren't.

I never marched division I or II; division III was my entire drum corps career. Does that make everything I did a waste? Should I have sat at home playing video games all summer instead of wasting my time in division III? Are the kids that I teach in my division III drum line wasting their time? Am I wasting my time teaching them?

According to you the answers are: Yes. Yes. Yes and Yes. I dare you to tell me the last 12 years of my life have been a waste.

No. They aren't.

I never marched division I or II; division III was my entire drum corps career. Does that make everything I did a waste? Should I have sat at home playing video games all summer instead of wasting my time in division III? Are the kids that I teach in my division III drum line wasting their time? Am I wasting my time teaching them?

According to you the answers are: Yes. Yes. Yes and Yes. I dare you to tell me the last 12 years of my life have been a waste.

One of the great qualities of America is the Freedom of Speech, which I support 110%. This also gives us the Freedom to ignore the ignorance!

One of the great qualities of America is the Freedom of Speech, which I support 110%. This also gives us the Freedom to ignore the ignorance!

You are right my friend, and after wasting a lot of time in level II/III Drum Corps I, like many of my fellow DC alumni, went on to serve our country to protect the Freedoms that we (and the ignorant) enjoy.

I wonder how many of us there are out there that made the transition from DC into the Military. Seems like a good pole question?

Here's one right here. :)

Marched Div I then joined the AF. Still in 18 1/2 years later and currently sitting in Afghanistan. I've still managed to find the time to teach and administer Div III and Div II.

Back on topic: Div II/III is DRUM CORPS. Pure and simple. Period. :)

edited to add: statement above - Copyright © 2006 ANDEVRA Holdings LOL

Edited by EMStar85

Back on topic: Div II/III is DRUM CORPS. Pure and simple. Period. :)

That would make a rather nice t-shirt

Where's Ross?

As someone who chose to march and age out in a Div III corps I take offense to the statement that smaller corps are the minor leagues of DCI.

In my opinion DCI should go back to deciding divisions by size of the corps. Div 1 - Over 90 members Div 2 60 - 90 members and Div 3 30 - 60 members.

In my opinion DCI should go back to deciding divisions by size of the corps. Div 1 - Over 90 members Div 2 60 - 90 members and Div 3 30 - 60 members.

Yeah, we were about due for one of these - it happens every few months. For the record:

DCI division II/class A has always had the same membership limit as open-class/division I. DCI has never imposed a 90-member limit on division II.

Thanks for listening, and check back in December when I have to repeat this message again for someone else.... :grouphug:

ditto, but as usualy a change in dci will result in quite a few angry people~~ :ramd: :grouphug: :blah: ~~ <these fine icons here to the left certainly demonstrate some peoples feelings.

btw ive mentioned this before.. what ever happened to the 110 member rule, or the minimum score of 75.00 to remain in div 1 that DCI was toying with?? im not possitive but i thought the 110 member rule was passed ..no??

although i voted as div 2/3 as an introduction to the drum corps experience... its a mix of drum corps being a minor league system and it being based on #'s. Div 1 corps have cadet corps (farm systems under the major organization). and there are some corps that have the #'s to play with the big boys but indeed intend on ruling div 2/3. either way, both ways work and theyre playing the game of DCI.

dont like it?? then either recruit, fundraise more..get better staff?! ..either or.. youve forgotten or simply ignored the initial intentions of the corps to introduce kids into the activity with a MODERATELY** competitive aspect.

thats all for now, adios

There are some division 1 corps that should not be in division 1.