Corps Tattoos?

Kjac18

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, so it's not related to any corps ive been in, but i have a music tattoo on my inner left ankle, based on my own design :)

me.jpg

that photo was taken just as the guy finished up

I'm pribably getting inked in November (my cat, Mischief), but when i get a corps tat, it'll be moer of a montage of the corps I've been in.

The central figure will be me in BD, of course....no matter how many years Imay march other corps, I am first and foremost a Blue Devil...there are a few shots of me playing I can use...and it'll be the largest of the bunch.

Dagenham Crusaders will be me holding up my cymbals following a crash.

Empire will be of me marking time.

Keesler AFB Blue Knights will be a shot as i was warmig up for a 1985 Mardi Gras parade during tech school.

SoCal Dream will be a few figures...me in the original sbhowling shrts, as DM, and soloing at DCA.

Ten years after I aged out, I finally decided that I wanted a tattoo and I wanted something that had my instrument and BD on it. Here is what I came up with...an original. I love it and I love the Blue Devils...proud to be an alumni. :D

BDtatphoto.jpg

A close up...

278801119wTMZEu_ph.jpg

My wife Valeri was in BD pit in 91. She has been looking to get a tatto of the little Blue Devil. I told her about yours and she may do something similar! It looks great! Although she onlt did one season with BD, she may want to incorporate something from the Cabs. She was in the Cabs from 98 though 04.

I'm looking to do one myself. The questions is what to do? I have been in 7 corps, but the two major where Birdgemen and Caballeros! How the #### to I do something like that? Unless I do two!

Edited by JKatzmellophone

Hey Penny, totally cool looking! It's funny that this topic came up since I plan to get my first one sometime real soon! I'm kinda a whoose when it comes to pain, hence my hesitation thus far, but for one who didn't get her ears pierced until I was 26, I've learned to overcome some pain! I plan to go get one with one of the tenor players who already has a few, but wouldn't mind more, so she will be good inspiration! Mine will be of a snare drum with sticks above with a heart behind it, since the love of my life and I both play snare...he is in the process of deciding where HE would like it...my choice, of course! ^0^

Don't worry ears didn't hurt i know how you felt i still waited till i was 18 to get mine! but i've heard tattoos are addicting and only feel kind like sunburn depending on where you get it at

Edited by Kjac18

Don't worry ears didn't hurt i know how you felt i still waited till i was 18 to get mine! but i've heard tattoos are addicting and only feel kind like sunburn depending on where you get it at

Depends on what gage you get pierced with. I'm thinking the 6 I'm suppose to get in my left ear when I have the bucks is going to bring me all kinds of joy.

^0^ ^0^ ^0^

I've Got a GREEN LIGHTNIN BOLT w/ HURCS old style written over top of lighting bolt :worthy:

I've Got a GREEN LIGHTNIN BOLT w/ HURCS old style written over top of lighting bolt :blink:

<--- coward

but i did always want to get a little Hurcs shield on my shoulder

my roomie in '91 did and i went with her and i completely chickened out :worthy:

<--- coward

but i did always want to get a little Hurcs shield on my shoulder

my roomie in '91 did and i went with her and i completely chickened out :worthy:

It's not too bad Liz, when I got mine, it was just a slightly annoying feeling, like a fly was buzzing around and I wanted to swat it from time to time.

Not nearly as painful as some of the things we do to ourselves in drum corps!!

^0^ ^0^ ^0^