Troopers: New arranger and selling G's?

I'm guessing here, but I expect that those who were hoping some corps would hold on to G bugles will be thankful just to see Troopers back, regardless of what key their instruments are in. And I also expect that those who contributed to the "Troopers G Bugle Fund" will still take pride in seeing their contribution on the field...played proudly by members wearing the 11th Ohio Cavalry uniform.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Half of me was reallly hoping they would hang onto the G bugles, I love that sound!

The other half is very glad they're doing what they need to to be competative in the new century.

I hope they get a good contract with KING? ^OO^

GO TROOP

They are selling all of their old G bugle inventory. Nowhere on the site does it say anything about them selling the new set of G bugles or moving to multi-key.

GO TROOPERS!

yeah if you look at the list it seems a lot of 2 valve stuff...but i believe i heard somewhere that they were going Bb, can't remember from who though so i'd wait for any announcement

might i add, that is one heck of a recruitment poster, very well done ^OO^

Edited by tubawarrior

They are selling all of their old G bugle inventory. Nowhere on the site does it say anything about them selling the new set of G bugles or moving to multi-key.

GO TROOPERS!

OK - so lets say you have 25 corps that have gone to Bb in last what, 8 years, times avg 60 G bugles per corps means there are about 1500 G bugles out there somewhere. Have they been melted down, or is there a 'boneyard' somewhere? Just curious.

OK - so lets say you have 25 corps that have gone to Bb in last what, 8 years, times avg 60 G bugles per corps means there are about 1500 G bugles out there somewhere. Have they been melted down, or is there a 'boneyard' somewhere? Just curious.

Well, I bought a G bari from Carolina Crown a few years ago, so there's one for ya. :D