The San Antonio Crossmen

Rumor has Xmen moving to San Anton'. What do you think - if it actually does happen?  

313 members have voted

1. 1. For the Crossmen, this is a

• positive move.
    • negative move.
  2. 2. The San Antonio Crossmen would

• suddenly place better.
    • slowly place better.
    • not affect them competitively.
    • continue to drop.
  3. 3. If you had to say, the best reason for a Crossmen move would be

• no longer in YEA!
    • Texas kids.
    • Texas staff.
    • better weather.
    • better fundraising.
    • something else (other).

Why not the cadets to Texas?

I’d almost bet, if I were a betting man, more Texans sign up for Cadets next year than Crossmen…of course, YEA will dangle the promise of a Cadets spot after a year or 2 in Crossmen getting up to speed…but in a year or 2 YEA won’t care or let the kids in Cadets because they’ll have nothing to do with Crossmen

Fool you, what is it…5 time?

Stop making up "facts" (read: bull ####).

The Cadets are not and have NEVER been a feeder corps for the Crossmen. Kids who march Crossmen have NEVER had a spot at the Cadets "dangled" in front of them. VERY few people who march Crossmen move to the Cadets.

You're just spouting out conspiracy theory crap like you read it in the New York Times

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think if they can get the right names on staff, the Crossmen will be hugely improved in little time.

There is huge potential here...there are so many capable band directors and so many talent kids in Texas.

For anyone who hasn't seen Mark Chambers' work, check out some Reagan shows on google video. 2003 is great, and I hear 2005 is as well.

For anyone who hasn't seen Mark Chambers' work, check out some Reagan shows on google video. 2003 is great, and I hear 2005 is as well.

Wow. There are way too many people on the field. :P

Now i post very very rarely but i felt like talkin about this...i marched with the crossmen this past year and i was excited in seeing how things were going and had talked about moving to a different corps but then a week after tour ended i realized that i really didn't want to go anywhere else but the crossmen.

With this move i would say that easily half the kids that marched there last year won't be able to march there again due to money issues. The Crossmen have always been an east coast corps in the philly area they haven't had any big moves until this which i feel is ########...but thats my opinion. And i feel with this move the corps is going to lose a good amount of its tradition.

just my 2 cents

I marched with the crossmen this past year and i was excited in seeing how things were going .... i realized that i really didn't want to go anywhere else but the crossmen.

So what will you do now?

Removed out of respect for Crossmen alumni, members, and voluteers...

Edited by SCVsopAaron

How are they going to keep they're traditions?

The traditions will move to Texas. Just like when the pilgrims came to America...

Luckily for the Crossmen, there's a difference. The pilgrims had to face starvation and death when the winter months came around, but here in Texas, we don't believe in winter. It just doesn't happen. San Antonio will always be hot. And starvation will never be a problem because of Bill Miller's BBQ :P