San Antonio Crossmen

The Corps DID have other possible options......rumors in both Pa. and Va....both would have allowed the corps to maintain it's identity as an Eastern corps and would have been viable for returning members. An Eastern possibility would have definitely happened if time was given. Now, few, if any, members will return, from what I am hearing. The Crossmen had many members within a 6 hour drive and they were average kids from average households...for many, flying to Texas is not an option.

GB

seems to me like bones didn't have the kind of time to wait for these "rumors" of a PA or VA option. bones was losing money and something needed to be done.

also, i completely understand the "local kid" point. it really is a shame that these kids won't be able to march in the crossmen. but honestly - it's not like all the kids in the other drum corps are wealthy snobs. they figure it out...just as i am sure many of crossmen kids will be able to. and if they can't get to texas, there are many other drum corps in the area as others have pointed out.

i don't mean that to be harsh, and if that sounded harsh i apologize...but (IMHO) this is the best route for the crossmen to survive.

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Removed out of respect for Crossmen alumni, members, and voluteers...

Edited by SCVsopAaron

best of luck to those who are planning on joining...i was rather out of line with the earlier post that was up in this place so i apologize for it.

i was a member this past summer of the crossmen and i would like to age out there. Problem is that i won't have enough money to pay for tour fees and plane tickets, so if anyone knows someone or would like to offer some help send me an email: soulfly2k5@yahoo.com

Thanks

Edited by SoulFLY2k4

:)

The Crossmen needed this change in management. I expect the rewards for this change will come sooner than most people think. Thanks to the folks in Texas that made this happen. You have a responsibility to all of the previous Crossmen members to give this your best effort.

If you are a Crossmen alumi, parent or fan it doesn't matter where their camps are.

BackBeat

Crossmen Jazz Club Member

Many current Crossmen members will not be able to afford to return to the corps because they can't afford to fly to rehearsal in San Antonio, and their division I marching experience is now over. It's that simple. And that sad.

GB

Removed out of respect for Crossmen alumni, members, and voluteers...

Edited by SCVsopAaron

Many current Crossmen members will not be able to afford to return to the corps because they can't afford to fly to rehearsal in San Antonio, and their division I marching experience is now over. It's that simple. And that sad.

GB

One would think they would try to do a second camp somewhere close to the East Coast, at least for the first few camps.

This might get very interesting.

Elmo Blatch

here is a thought... if you see a "local"(east coast) crossmen kid on the sponsor board, or know one asking for help, help them out. They are the ones trying against the odds to make it work, keeping traditions alive, and showing some leadership. The corps needs that right now.

SO instead of saying what could or should happen, be proactive, and help out a member, they will probably thank you for a long time to come.

my 2 cents.

Wow... cheer up people... THINGS CHANGE... I think this is a GRRREEEEAAATTT thing in the long run... If you just stick it out and let this whole situation air out, I think you'll see that the picture isn't as grim as everyone is making it...

That's easy to say from where you are in Texas. Don't be so quick to dance on the grave of the dead dreams of Crossmen members who won't be able to return to thier corps.

Edited by Kamarag