Kingsmen - 2007 performance

After seeing them perform a stand-still this past summer, I'd expect to see a lot of "old-school" M&M. It will be very different from the drum corps of 2007, but it will also be VERY enjoyable, especially to the younger generation who has never seen or heard the precision and power of the Kingsmen.

Oh, is it summer 2007 yet?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'GGarrett' said:

"...What I wish I could see?"

"marching timpani for at least 'off the line'"

Done.

"knee high boots"

Done

"french horns"

Done

"it would be a kick to hear a quick passage played on some old "bugles" (rotor/valve?)"

LOTS of P/Rs in the line

"I am expecting to see a performance for the ages by people who still have a passion burning in them about what drum corps particpants do."

Done.

Edited by GuyW

:)

Edited by GuyW

High leg lift!!!

At least from the Guard and The Steve's!!!!

Oh, I wouldn't recommend breaking the Guard's ranks either ^0^

All of the alumni corps before us have inspired us to do this and with our unique memory of 1972 and all that we were there that night in the rain, appreciate us. I marched that night at Whitewater at 16 years of age after five seasons in two local drum corps, the Diplomats of Lynwood and the Velvet Knights. The KAC is a corps exactly like myself, mostly Kingsmen alumni and some friends that understand what this is all about. Our Director Gary Kean wrote a check for the downpayment on 240 cadets yesterday. Our first full order due in the next few weeks will be for more than 250. As the co-founder of this corps and so very involved we will be something that you will all want to see. In the next 7 days, I will complete this post. I am responding as I appreciate all of the DCP audience and Guy Winton said it well. Yes, if you've ever wanted to see Disneyland, this is the year. I would suggest visiting the park on Tuesday, August 7, 2008. might just see 300 + Kingsmen there.

And that's right 5 marching tymps. Many piston rotors. Al Muray, maybe (contact dynasty.com to get him there) and Tom Float, my fellow commuter to Kingsmen and Diplomat's for 6 years, he is listed.

Our journey has been incredible, Thank You. We ordered unifroms for 21 contras that have paid the $$$ with five people still on the fence, we have three spots left to fill? Who amongst you is man or woman enough? Come out four times in the next 11 months and you will have a hugh memory the rest of your life.

Sorry, French horn line at 16 is full. Mellophone line is also full at 16. These middle horns ROCK. Someone might "pass" so if you are really good and want to make the commitment, contact me.

Edited by joerybus

'GGarrett' said:

"...What I wish I could see?"

"marching timpani for at least 'off the line'"

Done.

"knee high boots"

Done

"french horns"

Done

"it would be a kick to hear a quick passage played on some old "bugles" (rotor/valve?)"

LOTS of P/Rs in the line

"I am expecting to see a performance for the ages by people who still have a passion burning in them about what drum corps particpants do."

Done.

All of the alumni corps before us have inspired us to do this and with our unique memory of 1972 and all that we were there that night in the rain, appreciate us. ...

...And that's right 5 marching tymps. Many piston rotors. Al Muray, maybe (contact dynasty.com to get him there) and Tom Float, my fellow commuter to Kingsmen and Diplomat's for 6 years, he is listed.

Our journey has been incredible, Thank You. We ordered unifroms for 21 contras that have paid the $$$ with five people still on the fence, we have three spots left to fill? Who amongst you is man or woman enough? Come out four times in the next 11 months and you will have a hugh memory the rest of your life.

Sorry, French horn line at 16 is full. Mellophone line is also full at 16. These middle horns ROCK. Someone might "pass" so if you are really good and want to make the commitment, contact me.

suhWEET!!!!! :worthy::worthy: ^OO^ This is very exciting!!

I'm sure what you meant in that last sentence about "someone might pass" was that someone might pass on the opportunity, not pass away... right?? :P b**bs

OK...OK... just get used to the "old pharts" jokes...cuz we sure had to in the MSARP. But it was all in good fun, and I'd do it again in a second...

a little OT, but since 2008 is the Cavaliers anniversary, it would be awesome to see an alumni corps from them too!

I saw an alumni corps from them THIS year.. and I'll see them again NEXT year.. and I look forward to seeing them for many years to come (one of the stated purposes for getting together was to take some of the local parades and fundraising ops that the competitive corps has to turn down due to logistics or tour commitments..)

I'm sure you'll see them in 08, as well.

As for Kingsmen.. well I have to agree with the earlier poster who said "let's enjoy it for what it is."

I loved 27 and loved SCV and loved the Scouts alumni.. and treasure the opportunities I've had to see them all -- it was history.. living and breathing and drawing me out of my seat again and again.. so that's what I look forward to with Kingsmen.

A few moments of cherished history, living and breathing once again.. and the opportunity to see, hear and cheer it myself.

Stef

I want to see the snares doing the Anaheim stick toss thing. I have no idea what it's called. I just remember teaching myself to play it around 1973/74. That was the coolest thing EVER! :worthy: