Which show do you like better, Cadets 2003 or Cadets 2006?

Poll  

148 members have voted

1. 1. Which show do you like better, Cadets 2003 or Cadets 2006?

• Cadets 2003
    • Cadets 2006

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pepto? Pink, right?

Red and purple are not usually colors that compliment each other, but I thought it worked very well with that guard costume in 03.

oops..never mind just checked corps reps..Yeah I liked 2003 show...:) But actually enjoyed 2004 better. Jethro Tull...rocks! :)

Edited by Lancerlady

Pepto? Pink, right?

Red and purple are not usually colors that compliment each other, but I thought it worked very well with that guard costume in 03.

Yeah, pepto is pink, and for some reason, the combo of the red and purple made me think of it. It happens. Try finding the lavendar pigment in Pollock's "Lavendar Mist." :unsure:

Give me 2006. I did love the version of Malaguena that the Cadets brought to the field in 2003, but none of the other selections were able to grab me. There are some things about 2006 that I would change as well, if I could, but I think it does a better job of connecting together from beginning to end. The ballad is simply gorgeous, and the opener (after the OTL) and the closer are drum corps goodness.

Hands down 2006 for me.

2003 is a fantastically clean show, as many have said here, and Malaguena was a great production by them...personally, though, that's the only part of that show I regulary listen to. It's a rather dry show, not much pop...but again, every part of that corps -- horns, drums, flags -- were SMOKING.

2006, of course, is nowhere near as clean, but it has more personality (whether its your taste or not), a fantastic ballad and drum break (bounded by a rather dry opening and less-dry-but-still-'eh' ending).

Cadets 2003 was a show that did not place heavy importance on innovation and consisted of old Santa Clara Vanguard, Madison Scouts, and Garfield Cadets charts. However, the sole purpose of this show was to entertain, and the audience ate it up.

Cadest 2006 placed heavy emphasis on innovation, introducing character dialogue, a full-featured vocalist, and an increased measure of storytelling. However, it is clear that this show, compared to most other Cadets shows and most shows from 2006, did not garner a huge audience reaction.

Which do you personally think is the better show?

Well this was an easy choice for me.....2003. Aside from 2006 being abstract, including singing and amplification it also had some 'not so good' flow to it. The members did a great job in 2006....there talent was obvious. The staff who designed the show.....could have done better.

Triple Forte

whaaaaaaaaaa???

03 wasn't a very demanding show. especially from a visual standpoint (the tempos in a lot of their songs were pretty slow).

Yeah but you have to remember it's toy soldier straightleg and a show without a ballad. There isn't a slow part of the show to recuperate some energy.