DCI Dominance, The Percussion Edition

Revised Version. The 2008 edition.

Updates:

• Added BD 07
  • Eliminated the percentages
  • Added Cavaliers 92-00

27288445.jpg

The Yamaha endorsement stats are a little misleading. Didn't the Scouts start using Yamaha around 84? So they would have 11 titles over 23 years?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Yamaha endorsement stats are a little misleading. Didn't the Scouts start using Yamaha around 84? So they would have 11 titles over 23 years?

He was illustrating a period of dominance by Yamaha lines - from 1992-2005. 14 seasons, 11 trophies.

Madison has never won percussion, even before 1984, so I'm not sure what you mean.

i'm glad you agreed....i was afraid i'd get jumped on for cavies bashing. loved the total show, but that drum call astounds me.

Out of interest Jeff and dunder. was the cavies drum score too high in your opinion or did you just disagree with the top drum placements all together?

Disregard

Edited by Jeffe77

Some Perspective: :thumbup:

CAVALIERS

9.9 --- 9.9 --- 19.8

1 --- 1 --- 1

CAVALIERS

9.9 -- 9.9 --- 19.8

1 --- 1 -- 1

CADETS

9.6 -- 9.6 -- 19.2

3 -- 3 -- 2

STAR OF INDIANA

9.4 -- 9.8 -- 19.2

3 -- 2 -- 2

BLUE DEVILS

9.1 -- 9.1 -- 8.2

6 -- 7 -- 8

MADISON SCOUTS

9.5 --- 9.0 -- 18.5

4 -- 8 -- 5

CROSSMEN

9.7 --- 9.3 --- 19.0

2 --- 6 --- 4

VANGUARD

8.9 --- 9.4 -- 18.3

7 -- 4 --- 6

PHANTOM REGIMENT

8.8 --- 8.9 --- 17.7

9 --- 9 --- 9

BLUE KNIGHTS

8.9 --- 9.4 --- 18.3

7 --- 4 --- 6

VELVET KNIGHTS

8.6 --- 8.7 --- 17.3

10 --- 10 --- 10

BLUECOATS

8.2 --- 8.6 --- 16.8

12 --- 11 --- 11

FREELANCERS

8.4 --- 8.4 --- 16.8

11 ---- 12 ---- 11

Edited by Jeffe77

Some Perspective: :thumbup:

CAVALIERS

9.9 --- 9.9 --- 19.8

1 --- 1 --- 1

CAVALIERS

9.9 -- 9.9 --- 19.8

1 --- 1 -- 1

CADETS

9.6 -- 9.6 -- 19.2

3 -- 3 -- 2

STAR OF INDIANA

9.4 -- 9.8 -- 19.2

3 -- 2 -- 2

BLUE DEVILS

9.1 -- 9.1 -- 8.2

6 -- 7 -- 8

MADISON SCOUTS

9.5 --- 9.0 -- 18.5

4 -- 8 -- 5

CROSSMEN

9.7 --- 9.3 --- 19.0

2 --- 6 --- 4

VANGUARD

8.9 --- 9.4 -- 18.3

7 -- 4 --- 6

PHANTOM REGIMENT

8.8 --- 8.9 --- 17.7

9 --- 9 --- 9

BLUE KNIGHTS

8.9 --- 9.4 --- 18.3

7 --- 4 --- 6

VELVET KNIGHTS

8.6 --- 8.7 --- 17.3

10 --- 10 --- 10

BLUECOATS

8.2 --- 8.6 --- 16.8

12 --- 11 --- 11

FREELANCERS

8.4 --- 8.4 --- 16.8

11 ---- 12 ---- 11

I've got no beef with '92 Cavies winning. I thought they were the best line with the best show. I just don't agree with the other scores.

Out of interest Jeff and dunder. was the cavies drum score too high in your opinion or did you just disagree with the top drum placements all together?

yes. I thought Star and Crossmen were both much better, and Cadets, minus the big schlock on their initial entrance were up there. Plus, Cavies drum solo to this day grates me nerves for the sound of the diddles in the split line coming together portion.

yes. I thought Star and Crossmen were both much better, and Cadets, minus the big schlock on their initial entrance were up there. Plus, Cavies drum solo to this day grates me nerves for the sound of the diddles in the split line coming together portion.

Well, I was really referring to the SCV placement. Those guys owned the word 'drumline' in '92 and unfortunately, got hosed due to a lame show. Not trying to take away from the other groups' success though.

Well, I was really referring to the SCV placement. Those guys owned the word 'drumline' in '92 and unfortunately, got hosed due to a lame show. Not trying to take away from the other groups' success though.

SCV was an amazing line that year, full of DCI "All-Stars." I think they peaked way too early, because by the end of the season they were a shadow of what they started out as. Not saying they weren't amazing, but I never thought they deserved to win drums. They were dirty by the time they got to Madison. Now their tenor ensemble...that's a whole other story. I just saw a video of that for the first time in over ten years, and I'd forgotten how ridiculous it was! :laughing:

SCV was an amazing line that year, full of DCI "All-Stars." I think they peaked way too early, because by the end of the season they were a shadow of what they started out as. Not saying they weren't amazing, but I never thought they deserved to win drums. They were dirty by the time they got to Madison. Now their tenor ensemble...that's a whole other story. I just saw a video of that for the first time in over ten years, and I'd forgotten how ridiculous it was! :laughing:

I would agree that they probably peaked early but they certainly weren't dirty by any means. They may have had a bad lot or two but they were certainly throwing it down, not to mention the ridiculous stuff they played. 6th place in drums? Please..

Again, I don't think they deserved to win drums because they didn't have the right package but I still think they got robbed a bit.

Also, a little sidenote of insight. I've met a few of the guys that marched in that battery, and they all seem to have the same memory of that summer.....miserable. Drumming your butt off with nothing to show for it. Oh well, I think they rocked!!