CAROLINA GOLD

:doh:

WOW !

I concur with most everyone else, it's too bad they need to take a hiatus. I was so impressed with them this year as performers and people.( They shared hotels with MBI in Rochester).

If the enthusiasm I saw continues, they should have no problem getting back..But please make sure your ducks are in a row before coming back 100%.. Your groups progress is a great building block to work from.

Best of luck, and hope to see some of y'all next summer.

Pat

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To the members and management & staff of CG,

We will miss you in 2007. Come back soon I really enjoyed your shows over the last 2 seasons.

I got the news about this yesterday and was completely blown out of the water. Many of the alumni were excited about 2007 and were only told to wait for the "big annoucement". It was a complete surprise to find that the field corps will not be coming out. The membership was not aware that this was an option. I think once the shock ends, that many folks will step up to the plate to help out.

Please don't flame the corps or try to figure it out who was at fault or why. Because, does it really matter??? If you want to help, BE INVOLVED! That is what makes the difference. I spent many years with Gold...saw and felt the growing pains, watched them overcome many obstacles that seemed out of reach, and felt the love between the members when we gave it our all. And no, making finals was NOT our biggest achievement. We do this sport to compete and be competitive, but OUR greatest achievements are the moments we spent as a family performing our hearts out...even when there was no crowd in front of us.

I'm not sure what else to say except that I will miss my corps this summer!

Dwayne

Gold 02-06...future director of Mini Bar?

:doh: Fan of Dana Harmon!

"It's all about the..."

Any group willing to march a crap load of (hot) 4th of July parades in Baltimore area to raise money for the group deserves a lot of respect. Much as I'll miss seeing the corps on the field I'd rather they take a year off from competing than risk folding.

Hope it's worth the corps while to come up north for those hot ###ed parades in 2007.

Best wishes to the entire Gold administrative team, and the Gold membership, as they prepare for 2008 and beyond. We'll miss you on the competition field in 2007!

Edited by TomMoore

I had the opportunity to meet Judy last year and from speaking with her a few times, I really admired them AND in fact would like to speak to her more about how they put such a class act on the field. Anytime you guys showed up at a show, I know we thought "OH CRAP, CAROLINA IS HERE!!!" You guys were so good AND you travelved to shows that were really far out of your way AND YOU were concerned about making sure your members also enjoyed themselves along the way!! WOW!!

It's a shame that you'll be taking a hiatus this year, but I know you'll be back. You guys went above and beyond last year. I don't know if ANY corps did what you guys did last year.

We'll miss you TREMENDOUSLY and I can't wait for your return!!! Good luck in '07.

Edited by skymom

I was shocked to read the news yesterday and wish you all well and a speedy return to the field competition.

I parked our truck behind y'alls truck at prelims in the downpour and had a chance to speak to a few members of your battery. I noticed that a majority of them were from my hometown and area in general (Va. Beach, VA) and that a few of them knew of my cousin who is the band director at Salem High School in the beach................ They're a great nucleus of percussionists and I look forward to seeing and talking to any members that will be at Rochester next year..........

:(

That's all I can say

co-founder

I am so very sorry to hear of this news. On behalf of Heat Wave, we wish you a speedy return to the field in 2008.

Come on back B)

Edited by John M. Johnson