Feeder Corps

Weren't the epoch the cadets feeder corps........... wheres miked for help with this?

Here I am! :P

The Cadets feeder was the Plebes...going back to the 60's or even 50's (not sure).

Problem was that few of the Plebes were ending up in the Big Corps by the late 60's, as kids like me from area small corps joined up.

So...a group of parents split the Plebes away from the Cadets and formed the Epochs, sho marched in teh GSC I think (not sure)...they did not last very long, from my memory.

I believe the Plebes were reformed in the 70's for a while.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The first corps I marched with, the Livingston NJ Hilltoppers (marched in the GSC in 64), had a feeder...that's the corps I jioned at age 10 1/2 in 1964.

We became THE only Hilltoppers when VFW parental feuding broke up the big corps (relatively speaking) who left the VFW to create the Imperial Guardsmen.

We never could make it to the field, so I just marched parades through the 67 season, as I begged my dad (a VFW guy) to let me join the Guardsmen every year...he relented after 67 when even HE saw us going nowhere fast.

I am pretty sure the all-girl corps The Capitolaires from Madison had a feeder corps. Can't remember their name though.

My, have things changed. Even all-girl corps had feeder corps back "When Drum Corps was Drum Corps."

Here I am! :P

The Cadets feeder was the Plebes...going back to the 60's or even 50's (not sure).

Problem was that few of the Plebes were ending up in the Big Corps by the late 60's, as kids like me from area small corps joined up.

So...a group of parents split the Plebes away from the Cadets and formed the Epochs, sho marched in teh GSC I think (not sure)...they did not last very long, from my memory.

I believe the Plebes were reformed in the 70's for a while.

I remember the epochs, yeah they did march GSC in the early 70's. they were pretty good too

Blue Rock had their Vanguard..............

There were, at one time, alot of them so feel free to add the one's you remember

Phantom Legion Phantom Regiment)

Mello Debs (Mello Dears)

Yellow Pages (Black Knights)

Cavalier Cadets (Cavaliers)

Madison Scouts Cadets (Madison Scouts)

Blue Devils B

Santa Clara Vanguard B

Dutchboy Cadets

and now it's your turn....

• 2 months later...

The Elks Trojans were a feeder corps for the Spartans in the late '60s. Don't know how long they lasted.