Top Posters In This Topic

Quit picking on me!

Garry

no,no,no....the other wackjob :P

"Four Philly Cheese-Steak Sandwiches.............With A Door"

nooooo dude.

you say 4, wiz, wit....................and a door

:P

Putting on a dual show would not be that tough. But making money is.

I do not know the answer - I just know that shows out here don't sell out and show sponsors don't make a ton of money. Part of it is show fees, but to be honest, the large crowds just don't show up. We have shows that struggle to make any money at all.

that makes no sense to me. with as little drum corps as California gets every year, you'd think there'd be huge lines.

maybe it's time to really start making a push to discount tickets like DCI does for groups

This thread is still going? All I hear is the sound from Charlie Brown when I read this. "waamp waamp waamp"

then don't read it

that makes no sense to me. with as little drum corps as California gets every year, you'd think there'd be huge lines.

maybe it's time to really start making a push to discount tickets like DCI does for groups

Maybe the problem is that we typically have only early season shows that aren't quite what fans are used to seeing on TV.

This year is extremely likely to bring people out of the woodwork. I know that well over 100 Freelancers Alumni are members of our two online groups. Not bad for four months using word of mouth.

the East has tons of early season shows, and they get great crowds.

The difference is, you have a larger variety of shows to choose from. Here, the show line-up is always the same. Week in and week out, every show, year after year. Sometimes even less when the big boys decide to go back East or out of the country for the early season.

Edited by skajerk

will cecily sell the tickets?

The 11th commandment........There shalt be Drum Corps'

The 12th commandment........Let there be a Cecily who will sell ALL tickets :doh:

Edited by melligene

Putting on a dual show would not be that tough. But making money is.

I do not know the answer - I just know that shows out here don't sell out and show sponsors don't make a ton of money. Part of it is show fees, but to be honest, the large crowds just don't show up. We have shows that struggle to make any money at all.

as I said before,...................our shows here in Erie are deemed to be a sucess by how close we get to breaking even,....................the DCI show last year turned a profit of only $900.00, and the last DCA show lost $5000.00,.................that is cheaper than taking just about any corps on the road for a weekend,......................both came with tons of work done by the committee and our members, we had fun, and plan to have shows in 2007,................you can be profitable by selling 1500-1800 tickets, sell adds for a program book and line up some sponsors...............we have less than 300,000 people in all of Erie County,.........................there are millions of people out there,.....................LMS's have gone on for a few years now,...................redirect those energies, for the betterment of drum corps,....................you can do it!