Summer schedule coming soon

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It may be, but everyone has their breaking point.

I'd be a little miffed if my closest show was 500 miles away, too.

Yeah, that's pretty much it. It's been a possibility for awhile now. I'm sad, not mad. We actually have a show, and I will go to it to support my local corps, but we just don't have any Div I. corps within 500 miles. Anyhoo, that's enough about me. :)

sorry FL...drum corps should never be held in Orlando, or Florida ever again ever!!!

but man if we couldn't set our watches by the rehearsal rain-outs

Yea But!

It is hard on the Corps trying to get funded not having a SINGLE show of ANYSIZE.

They have shows in states that have NO groups of any kind. NOT a Div 1 -- Div II -- Div III. -- NONE !

Like:

South Dakota - West Virginia - Nebraska - New Mexico - Kansas - Idaho - Mississippi - Arkansas - Utah - Maryland - Missouri. Etc

Yes they may have better weather, but at least Florida has: Teal Sound - Magic (off this year, and no show in FL sure will not help them) - K. Kavaliers just getting started and Boston Crusaderrs spring training here. Not to mention Heat Wave an all age Corps and Florida Brass Alumni. Both of which could help fill the number of groups in a show.

I know that a Sponsor would be needed, But hard to believe that could not be aranged.

Jacksonville would be a good place.

Maybe one day Teal Sound and Heat Wave could get together and have a Jr / All Age Show.

A "Southern Dream" in '08. Have 4 juniors and 4 All Age (or 5 & 5). Might draw some people from outside the area to fill the stands.

Teal Sound - C. Crown - JSU - (and if they get back. Magic and K. Kavies. The Heat Wave - CorpsVets - Jackson Generals - Aliance - Music City)

Oh well it's nice to dream!

I'm surprised division 2 and 3 finals aren't being held at Citrus College. With stands high and angled steep, it makes the perfect drum corps venue.
I was just reading this thread and thinking the exact same thing. That is an excellent venue for a drum corps show!

That explains a bit.

Most of the Pacific Northwest got absolutely ####ed.

I can't agree with you more...what a HUGE BUMMER..the PNW got. Hopefully that one Show in Portland is at a Really good location. SEAHAWK STADIUM was supposed to be the show location for the Cascades home show? <**> <**> <**>