Interesting Quote From Rochester Newspaper

For example, the Drum Corps Associates World Championship held at PAETEC Park over Labor Day weekend drew 14,000 people — most from out of the area — who spent about $10.8 million during their stay, according to the visitors association.

Full article

NO doubt that championships are a big cash cow.

If the average corps, in the top 12, is say 100 people....... and you put 4 to a room at an average rate of $80. That is roughly $24,000 a night in hotel rooms. Or....some where shy of $100,000 for the weekend. Factor in the alumni fans and other corps, and you have a big chunk of money.

I know I did my part to drink $771.42 worth of beer. I had the hangover to prove it. Thank God I wasn't performing last year...

I'm watching my carbs, so my share went to the Grey Goose Vodka fund.

^0^ ^0^ ^0^

I think Patrick's hotel cost is a little low as well......I think teh LOW end hotels were about 80 per night....and I know the doubletree, where 2 corps stayed was 120.00 per night, so I'm thinking the average is closer to 100 per night...

well the finance numbers are what keeps the city fathers interested in hosting the events