How to Keep people out of DCA

Some people are actually interested in the whole Fair Play concept. They just want to participate and have a good time.

And some people just want to win at any cost, even becoming allies with traditional enemies in order to secure their personal interests by manipulating the rules to favor themselves or their situations. This sort of personality honesty believes "Only suckers follow the rules." In their world, winners have the rules tailored to suit their needs. They do not follow the rules; the rules follow them.

Many people just like to play a few hands of Gin or Canasta or Draw Poker. It is a stimulating mental exercise that is quite challenging and can aid in the creation of new friendships. And some people just enjoy cheating at cards . . .

Let us start up a new organization.

Rich Skare to the podium please, he has an excellent idea i would support 100%. A drum corps united?

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There wouldn't be a DCA or DCA corps for that matter if it weren't for marching members showing up and paying for the right to participate - sometime some organizations seem to lose sight of that.

And therein lies the crux of this particular "coming public" attitude. While it is important for DCA corps to run business in the most efficient manner, it is important to realize that

1) we're not dealing with children here

2) As Sara so elloquently stated, these corps belong to the MARCHING MEMBERS

and I'd like to add

3) Nothing good is ever performed in secret, behind closed doors with attempts to sweep things under the carpet.

Rock on everyone.

The creative/technical philosophy of today’s DCA drum corps is such, that the talent levels to accommodate this philosophy moves DCA out of the neighborhood to at least regional levels. The key is inclusion and not isolation. DCA is a goal and to impede any corps in its efforts for achievement sends some very wrong messages.

Call it evolution or maybe it happened unwittingly but, the regionalism of all age drum corps is a fact of life and the survival of this activity depends on the willingness of the drum corps institutions to use a creative approach to problem solving. A “think tank” if you will, the deep thinkers are out there.

A “think tank” if you will, the deep thinkers are out there.

Let's hope that this Think Tank comes equipped with a few large windows and a very open door.

And then some people just enjoy cheating at cards . . .

*****Edited for spelling and to add a few things.*****

And Bingo...

And therein lies the crux of this particular "coming public" attitude. While it is important for DCA corps to run business in the most efficient manner, it is important to realize that

1) we're not dealing with children here

2) As Sara so elloquently stated, these corps belong to the MARCHING MEMBERS

and I'd like to add

3) Nothing good is ever performed in secret, behind closed doors with attempts to sweep things under the carpet.

Rock on everyone.

And you know what - when I'm an "investor" in your business, I'm gonna show up at your Annual Meeting and expect a vote.

What? You mean I'm not invited? Well, then maybe I'll invest my money else where. Except that I don't have any, but you know what I'm talking about here...

Amen sistah.

:OT:

BTW - CONGRATS!!!!!!!

I hope your back is feeling better these days too!