Academy

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha, I can take pride in being the only corps in Div 2/3 to beat them in a show judged by the same panel. Admittedly the shows were a day apart and we went on the later day, but still... it feels to win at least one show against them. Good luck in Div 1. I'm sure they'll do well.

Using your logic, everybody from 8th place up this year beat the 1972 champion Anaheim Kingsmen...just 34 years and a complete revamping of the scoring system later! :P

Garry

Was it stated as to how they will tour? Would they be like Pacific Crest and Esperanza and keep it lighter or will they do a full tour?

The release says Div I, not Regional Div I. I'm thinking they're going all out.

Garry

The release says Div I, not Regional Div I. I'm thinking they're going all out.

Garry

From DCI.org:

In a detailed presentation to the board, the Academy’s executive director, Mark Richardson, outlined the corps’ plan to participate in a tour of modest length similar to the schedule followed as a Division II corps during the 2006 season. The corps also has committed to a regional tour of Division I events.

Using your logic, everybody from 8th place up this year beat the 1972 champion Anaheim Kingsmen...just 34 years and a complete revamping of the scoring system later! :P

Garry

Uh, no... not at all. Those two shows were judged by the same panel on the same sheets one night apart, not by completely different panels on completely different sheets 34 years later. Your analogy = bad.

by those standards...

the day that the academy had that show and scored a 91.375 the OC had a show and got a 92.5...

doesnt mean we beat them by any means...

Sure it does.

Uh, no... not at all. Those two shows were judged by the same panel on the same sheets one night apart,

That means they were 2 different performances....the gfact that the judging panel was the same means nothing.

That's like saying the 49ers beat the Raiders on game days a week apart, with the same officiating crew, even if they were actually playing the Chargers and Patriots and not each other.

Unless a one corps outpointed the other at the SAME EXACT PERFORMANCE, the that corps didn't actually beat the other.

Who has the 2st place medal from the show Academy was at? Guess who...